R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide

3 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide Empty R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:46 am

Port have a tough match up, hosting Melbourne who come over fresh from their boil over of the Hawks.

Adelaide travel to Perth for what could be a bit of a tricky match up with Sandilands returning for Freo and Sauce likely to be out for another week.

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide Empty Re: R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide

Post by UncleHuey Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Adelaide should win in the west, if they can beat the WEagles at home they should get over Freo. Assuming the Seed is out then presumably Thommo makes a return unless they want more speed. I would give Jacobs another week off, O'Brien played well and a game against Sandilands would be a great experience for him. We can always use Jenkins and Hartigan to give him a break ocassionally.

No idea about Port, could be anything from a 10 goal win to a 5 goal loss. In the past they have shown that they react solidly to an embarrassing loss with a strong home performance. Mind you they have also shown that once finals is out of the question they go through the motions and get smacked. Might wait to see what happens on selection night.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide Empty Re: R21 Port v Melbourne & Freo v Adelaide

Post by bayman Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 pm

not sure big Sams injury is a quick fix going on some informed news i heard on Saturday
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:19 am

bayman wrote:not sure big Sams injury is a quick fix going on some informed news i heard on Saturday

I doubt they will send him to Perth TBH.

O'Brien showed enough last weekend to be trusted with the job again this week. Was very impressed with his tap work actually, knew where his teammates and there was even a fair bit of 'look away' stuff. Normally you'd expect a new ruckman to take some time working their way into the teams stoppage structures.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Sauce confirmed out. Sounds like Seedsman will be kept on ice with his cork as well.

Thompson will come in apparently. He can't really replace Seedsman though as that will leave us short on pace. Will be interesting to see what they do.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:53 am

Just getting the job done each week.

Sounds easy enough, but in the last two weeks plenty of teams have got the stumbles.

Will be interesting to see how the Showdown plays out this week.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Port has put the cue in the rack, very ordinary performance on the weekend. Considering some players were possibly playing for their careers, the lack of commitment was worrying.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:27 am

UncleHuey wrote:Port has put the cue in the rack, very ordinary performance on the weekend. Considering some players were possibly playing for their careers, the lack of commitment was worrying.

i was coming home from the trots on Saturday night & they were replaying comments & play from the match that had finished & Kane Cornes said the same thing as you but in different words

serious question....has Port got another catch cry ? i thought it was ''we will never ever give up'' (or words similar to that) & if Kane & UncleHuey is correct then yes they have just given up, however Melbournes' form has been pretty good so perhaps Port were beaten by a better, much better side
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:50 pm

They were beaten by a more committed side not sure if you could call Melbourne much better.

Port seem full of players who drift out of games and whose reputation is based on infrequent impressive quarters. Westhoff is a classic example, 200 games but most were bog ordinary. When was the last time he put 2 dominant performances together in a row? Given his size and ability he should regularly dominate teams but for most matches he drifts along getting a dozen possessions, mostly uncontested. Surely after 200 games you stop being picked on potential. There are a few others who are in the same class.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 am

UncleHuey wrote:They were beaten by a more committed side not sure if you could call Melbourne much better.

Port seem full of players who drift out of games and whose reputation is based on infrequent impressive quarters. Westhoff is a classic example, 200 games but most were bog ordinary. When was the last time he put 2 dominant performances together in a row? Given his size and ability he should regularly dominate teams but for most matches he drifts along getting a dozen possessions, mostly uncontested. Surely after 200 games you stop being picked on potential. There are a few others who are in the same class.

Totally agree.

The form of their senior/experienced players this year would be the main concern I reckon. I know they've had a pretty bad run with injuries, but you look at the side on paper and there's enough names there for them to still be competitive with mid-table clubs IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down