has the league stuffed up the round 1 program ?

+17
Cambridge Clarrie
ca
PhilH
howthewestwaswon
rover
topsywaldron
Admin
Millsy
Adelaide Hawk
Lee
Big Phil
Brucetiki
countrycousin
Chambo Off To Work We Go
spell_check
Southee
bayman
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

has the league stuffed up the round 1 program ? - Page 2 Empty Re: has the league stuffed up the round 1 program ?

Post by Big Phil Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:
Millsy wrote:Going back on adelaidenow . Kris grant CDFC CEO seems to be the only Sanfl official who made any disparaging comments about the draw.

Are Central becoming the Collingwood of the SANFL competition? scratch

Not everything can go your way Kris! Evil or Very Mad

Like I said in the post above, he was just venting his disappointment at just having 2 night games scheduled. At least he speaks his mind...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

has the league stuffed up the round 1 program ? - Page 2 Empty Re: has the league stuffed up the round 1 program ?

Post by Brucetiki Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Big Phil wrote:
howthewestwaswon wrote:
Millsy wrote:Going back on adelaidenow . Kris grant CDFC CEO seems to be the only Sanfl official who made any disparaging comments about the draw.

Are Central becoming the Collingwood of the SANFL competition? scratch

Not everything can go your way Kris! Evil or Very Mad

Like I said in the post above, he was just venting his disappointment at just having 2 night games scheduled. At least he speaks his mind...

I thought we had 3 - Norwood first up, Glenelg mid season (rather ironic we've got these two sides at night, but that's another story), and Sturt late in the season. Have a home game against North in round 24 that is TBA, so hopefully that can be a night game, which will make it 4, which I'll be content with.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah, you are right, it is 3 games, my bad.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:57 pm

with Kris Grant, whether he is right or wrong at least he says what he thinks & believes in, i agree with what he says most of the time
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm all for anyone speaking their mind, but the draw is done. Surely there are more important things to worry about from this point on.

Ideally, I'd have West playing Sturt and South 10 times each under lights at home to make up our 20 games for the season, but we all know that ain't going to happen! Very Happy

Unfortunately, whether you like to admit it or not, the SANFL does, to the best of its ability, come up with a draw that doesn't interfere with AFL or nation-wide competition. There are going to be times when it looks odd or wrong but the fact of the matter is we still have this great competition around!
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by topsywaldron Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 am

redandblack wrote:Well,the Foxtel Cup is a reality

But why is it a reality? Maybe you're privy to information we're not, but were the SANFL threatened with removal of funding if they didn't participate?

Otherwise I'm not sure why the SANFL would agree to let its clubs participate given that the majority of them wanted no part in the competition.

topsywaldron
topsywaldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:23 am

I'm saying it's a reality because the last time I looked, it was real. I wouldn't think the SANFL faced any threats at all, but just offered it to the clubs and three clubs happily accepted it.

Perhaps what you've missed is that participation wasn't a SANFL administration decision, but a decision made by the clubs themselves. Your conclusion that the SANFL agreed to let its clubs participate isn't therefore relevant. As long as three clubs accepted, then the 6 other clubs aren't really bothered, I'd think.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

I just wonder if we've ever had a situation before where a team didn't play a game for premiership points until the third week of the season, and then has to travel to Elizabeth? I'm willing to bet not, and that tells us something about the pathetic fixturing.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 am

And that will not do anything for a club's membership push.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I just wonder if we've ever had a situation before where a team didn't play a game for premiership points until the third week of the season, and then has to travel to Elizabeth? I'm willing to bet not, and that tells us something about the pathetic fixturing.

Not the case this season either - season starts this week, Norwood travel to Elizabeth next week (after a round 1 bye where they're still playing a trial match), South travel to Elizabeth the following week (who don't have a bye until round 8 ).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:18 am

It happened in the WAFL this year (EAST FREMANTLE)

Didn't play in the two games last week (involving Foxtel Cup sides & Perth)

Has the bye this week

1st game - rd 3

In SANFL all 8 clubs play in Rd 2 exept Eagles who have bye (and played Rd 1).

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:50 am

The SANFL has missed a great opportunity this week to have a couple of blockbusters with no afl and really launch the season. It's seems in my opinion to be very little excitement around this season so far.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

It really depends who you ask

Eagles, Port, South & West fans are probably excited.

Central get a blockbuster to start the season ... just need to wait a week

Glenelg the same under their new lights.

That leaves Sturt, Norwood & North
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambridge Clarrie Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Wouldn't you want to kick off the season with bang?
2 games is hardly a bang for the 5 clubs who miss out.
I don't get it.

Couldn't agree more. Seems very hard to understand from my perspective.
Who's in charge of the program? Chandler?
Cambridge Clarrie
Cambridge Clarrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm

ca wrote:The SANFL has missed a great opportunity this week to have a couple of blockbusters with no afl and really launch the season. It's seems in my opinion to be very little excitement around this season so far.

The AFL season actually starts on Saturday night. (Which may be an argument to play the SA v WA game in the afternoon, but I'm guessing South would have requested a number of night games during the warmer parts of the season.)
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:45 am

It would have been nice for the SANFL to make a bit of a splash this week. Why not play 1 night game on Friday, 2 games on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. They could have made one of the Saturday games an early evening start.

Seems a waste of an opportunity to me
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:14 am

It just seems to me, over the past 3-4 years, the SANFL has missed (or avoided) any chance to really promote our game. Seems strange to me, almost as if they are under instruction. Afterall, we can't have anything detracting from the AwFuL which, without marketing, wouldn't be worth a crumpet.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:41 pm

What's wrong with a nice piece of crumpet 'AH' ?
has the league stuffed up the round 1 program ? - Page 2 2678737410
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Bit of a lacklustre start to the season

with only 1 AFL game surely the SANFL shouldve showcased some blockbuster games to kick off the season
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

South v West on a cold Saturday night not a blockbuster, TE Shocked
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:06 pm

The Emperor wrote:Bit of a lacklustre start to the season

with only 1 AFL game surely the SANFL shouldve showcased some blockbuster games to kick off the season

You want lacklustre? You should have been at Norwood Oval tonight to watch the Redlegs. I keep telling myself it was just a trial game, but why should we have to watch that rubbish when we could have been kicking off the season? Just a waste of an evening.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Would you still consider it a waste on an evening if the Legs had won by 10 goals, considering it would still be a trial match. In other words was the waste of an evening because the Legs were rubbish and lost, or because it was a trial match and not round 1 of the league program AH ?
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 am

Bobbafet wrote:Would you still consider it a waste on an evening if the Legs had won by 10 goals, considering it would still be a trial match. In other words was the waste of an evening because the Legs were rubbish and lost, or because it was a trial match and not round 1 of the league program AH ?

Many reasons. It was a waste of time becuase it was a perfect way to kick off the season, a Friday night game under lights for premiership points. No AFL match in opposition, and we could have focussed on the SANFL.

It was a trial match. Winning or losing wasn't important, which made boring. It was a waste of time because a footy match was played, one team tried really hard, the other did not. I like to see a contest, not that dribble that was served up last night by my team. It was a waste of time because our coach has had an entire summer to invent something different from the failed game plan that let us down badly in the 2nd half of 2011, but he chose to do nothing except blast the players at 1/4 time, and not even speak to them at 3/4 time.

It was a waste of time because we recruited two key forwards who spent most of the match around the wing and half back flank. So far as 2012 is concerned, so long as Bassett continues to coach in this fashion, our premiership chances are zero. To me, THAT'S a waste of time.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:42 pm

The crowd estimate AH?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:The crowd estimate AH?

No good at crowds, but maybe 1500
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next