R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds Empty R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds

Post by Gingernuts Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:48 pm

This weekend is probably a bit of a fizzer from a competition perspective, with the top 8 basically set barring a couple of positional changes.

For the local sides first up we have Adelaide making the trip to take on Geelong. There could potentially (but unlikely I think) be a home final on the line in this one which could stoke some interest, as well as potentially several retiring premiership stars for Geelong which may put some spice back into the contest as well.

Then we have Port taking on Freo's reserves outfit while the majority of their side rest up back home in Perth in preparation for finals.

Discuss away....
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds Empty Re: R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds

Post by Paul Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Reckon North will win on Friday night but tbh can't see us winning down there.

Geelong by 39
Port by 118
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds Empty Re: R23 - Geelong v Adelaide & Port v Freo 2nds

Post by Ben W Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:28 am

I don't have an issue with Fremantle resting players, I would likely do the same if the decision fell to me. No sense in getting an injury this close to the main action. My thoughts are that clubs exist to win the premiership and are entitled to use whatever strategies they like to get there.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:10 pm

while it shouldn't happen perhaps lets have the last round, a double points round like they do for tv quiz shows
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:09 am

Geelong v Adelaide

Well it’s sayonara for some Cats legends, Kelly and Stokes have announced a farewell to the faithful at Cat Park, there might be another one or two announce the same before the game, the home fans will be cheering them off and cheering Paddy D in if all goes as most of us see it. Adelaide are set for finals footy, a win and a Roos win will see them finish 6th ( won’t happen with the Roos throwing the game tonight ) and an unlikely Bulldogs loss to Brisbane could have them as high as 5th. Either way they’ll play post season for the first time since 2012.

Geelong have got little to play for in terms of premiership aspirations, but they’ve got plenty to play for as far as pride goes. They let themselves down last Friday night against the Pies, they let Enright down early this year dropping his 300th to the Demons at home and they will not want to send out a group of retiring/sacked champions with a loss to end the year. They’ll be set for this one, question is, how long can they keep up the mental application in a game that’s got nothing on the end of it for them?

Adelaide, what can you say about them? Pretty much what I’ve said for about the last month, forward are on fire, backs are solid and the mids are winning plenty of ball as big Sauce taps in down their throats. They are the form team of the bottom half of the 8, they just pumped the Eagles ( who admittedly have been “up” for several weeks ) and look set to give the sides above them in the 8 something to look over their shoulder at. They’re in ripping nick, scoring heavily and their key big men all through the spine are the keys.

I think Adelaide will win this, win it comfortably, by 45 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:09 am

Port Adelaide v Fremantle

Well, half of Fremantle anyway. Fair enough, they’ve got the right to rest players up, they’ve earned it by finished clear on top of the table. Port though have plenty of pressure on them, we don’t want to lose to a team voluntarily missing a third of their starting line up. Port will end the season most likely in Richmond, I mean 9th one game out the 8....only got themselves to blame for missing September action and it might be 7 wins from the last 8 for the Power.

Might not be quite as one sided as most punters think ( Port $1.11 Fremantle $6.75 ) as Fremantle might show it’s system over personnel and they will have half a dozen blokes gunning to keep their spot in the side. Most of them would have been told in this week out the next, but form gets rewarded and some of the last picked last week will be looking and the “ins” this week,wondering “Will he take my spot next week?”

With Port in good form, the Dockers resting heaps, the money should be in Ports favour. Twilight game so the wife shouldn’t expect much from me when I arrive home Saturday night / Sunday morning. Port to win the last one of a frustrating season by 30 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:22 am

Adelaide will be super keen to keep their red hot form going and I think will be up for the challenge of winning at the Cattery.

I expect a margin around what Booney predicted.

Line by line Adelaide just have too many player in too good a form to let this one slip. Stranger things have happened of course, but I just can't see how Geelong will cope with Adelaide's engine room and forward line in particular.

Port, well that game could well be a bit of a fizzer - but I do hope the fans get along and enjoy themselves. A good change to continue their pretty successful last few weeks of the year and take some momentum and confidence into the pre-season. Should win comfortably.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down