Noel Neill turns 94

2 posters

Go down

Noel Neill turns 94 Empty Noel Neill turns 94

Post by testy Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Who is Noel Neill, she is the lady that played Lois Lane in the Superman series on TV way back in the 50's.
She became the second actress to play Lois lane after Phyllis Coates left the series for other work. Neill played the role for 5 seasons and was ready to forfill another season but it was never to be because of the sudden death (suicide) of the star of the show George Reeves (superman).
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Noel Neill turns 94 Empty Re: Noel Neill turns 94

Post by bayman Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:35 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noel_Neill

modern forensics have proven George Reeves accidently shot himself, actually i've been watching the series in recent weeks & it is interesting that the early series was more of an adult show & the latter series evolved into a younger person show.......in season 2 the show titled ''The man who could read minds'' would be the perfect way to commit burglaries if you could do it in real life, also on the same disc are two that i like in ''beware the wrecker'' with Denver Pyle in what would have to be close to his first role (when i saw the credits, i went back & paused the film & no way known i could pick him as Denver Pyle), back to Noel she played Lois Lane in the Superman serials that they had at the movies as the first show before intermission & then the main film would start she worked with Kirk Alyn for those & as you can read on wiki she ranked number 2 in pinups (posters) behind Betty Grable .......i reckon she would have been one of Lees' pinups too

i'll be watching another couple of episodes tonight

& as they say up in the sky there's a bird, NO it's a plane, NO it's SUPERMANssshhhhhooossssshhhhhhhhhssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm

her Lois Lane counterpart Phyllis Coates turned 88 on January 15th, she was born...Gypsie Ann Evarts Stell & was a hollywood ''scream queen''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum