Scrappy
bayman
Gingernuts
Booney
UncleHuey
Admin
10 posters

Go down

2014 Brownlow Medal - Discussion and predictions Empty 2014 Brownlow Medal - Discussion and predictions

Post by Admin Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:09 pm

Who is your pick to take out the Brownlow Medal, this Monday night, September 22?

Can Patrick Dangerfield or Rory Sloane pick up enough votes at Adelaide?
Will Robbie Gray become the first winner from Port Adelaide, or will Travis Boak take votes from him?

Could Gary Ablett become the first player in history to miss nearly 1/3 of the season and still win?

Will the umpires look at Joel Selwood's play favorably?

Might Josh Kennedy and Buddy Franklin take votes from each other at the Swans?

Post away...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2014 Brownlow Medal - Discussion and predictions Empty Re: 2014 Brownlow Medal - Discussion and predictions

Post by UncleHuey Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Ablett is an umpire's darling and will probably just have enough votes. Selwood would be my next pick.
Buddy is arguably the most influential player but the Brownlow is a midfielder medal, like the AA is a midfielder team, so I cant see him winning.
Jacobs to poll the most from the Crows, Gray from the Power.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2014 Brownlow Medal - Discussion and predictions Empty Re: 2014 Brownlow Medal - Discussion and predictions

Post by Booney Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 pm

I don't like Selwood, I hope he doesn't win it as he, IMO, is not the most brilliant of players.

Ablett may get enough to be in the running, he'll be 8-10 votes in front at some point. Boak and Wines will take some from Gray. Nobody for Adelaide will poll enough to be in the running.

The AFL has made 7 medals for tonight.

My guess :

Fyfe with the most votes on 26
Selwood and Ablett on 24
Kennedy on 23
Franklin and Gray 20
Priddis 19
Pendelbury 18
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Interesting count this year! Any one of 10 blokes could win it!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Congrats to Matt Priddis. Great to see an honest hardworking type of footballer like him win it.

And to all the Adelaide fans out there calling for Dangerfield to be traded, shut the **** up, seriously. You don't trade a player like that, you build a side around him.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Congrats to Matt Priddis. Great to see an honest hardworking type of footballer like him win it.

And to all the Adelaide fans out there calling for Dangerfield to be traded, shut the **** up, seriously. You don't trade a player like that, you build a side around him.

100% spot on
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 pm

I wonder what SANFL team Priddis might have joined ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Scrappy wrote:I wonder what SANFL team Priddis might have joined ?

Glenelg were in the hunt via Aiden Parker, not sure if any others had spoken too him, he may've been the missing link in 2008-09 at Glenelg if he wasn't drafted by then
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Fine player Priddis, a hard working team orientated player, one that hurts you if you let him have too much slack, a deservedly winner.

I always wonder if a Priddis type of player does not have those better around him, whether they can go onto better things, maybe Glenelg, South, West or Sturt could not have offered that.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:46 am

On another note, how and why the hell does Edelston get a gig to this event with his collection of ditzy and shocking women?

It is supposed to be a premier football event and not a freak show.
His tuxedo had ridiculous flower patterns on it.
And hers......WTF! Do they allow people into this event carrying weapons?
Did you see the dagger thing hanging off her knuckles?

Scary and shocking.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:20 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:On another note, how and why the hell does Edelston get a gig to this event with his collection of ditzy and shocking women?

It is supposed to be a premier football event and not a freak show.
His tuxedo had ridiculous flower patterns on it.
And hers......WTF! Do they allow people into this event carrying weapons?
Did you see the dagger thing hanging off her knuckles?

Scary and shocking.

nice set though Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Nice set? Pfffttt...wouldn't go near the thing.  

"Geoff told me it had something to do with footy". Geoff could tell you pink elephants are going to ride in on Harley Davidsons and you'd believe it, idiot.

She gets a gig while literally millions would love the opportunity to be at such an event.

( Footnote - The Vic TAB ran a competiton, place any bet of $10 or more on any event from Sunday 8am to Monday 12pm and at 2pm the lucky winner was advised that they would be collected at 4pm in a limo, fitted with suit/frock and would accompany Jaimie Rogers from TAB to the Brownlow awards. Cracking prize!!! )
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:20 pm

I have grown to despise the red carpet bullshit over the last few years. Ever since Judd's missus got her norks out it's become bigger than the count itself and it's just ridiculous.

I actually find the coverage of it cringe worthy, and totally insulting to women.

If I was a footballer I don't think I would take my wife to be honest, or at the very least I would enter the event via another way and avoid the red carpet all together. No one deserves that sort of ridiculous scrutiny over what they wear and how they look - particularly just because they happen to be a partner of a footballer.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:27 pm

It does however seem as though many of them seek the limelight, love it, thrive on it even....
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:It does however seem as though many of them seek the limelight, love it, thrive on it even....

Another reason why it ***** me. The older I get, the less time I have for superficial bollocks.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Gingernuts wrote:

I don't think any of your fans doubt that, but if he won't commit then surely your club has to keep an eye on the best value replacement(s) for him.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Gingernuts wrote:I have grown to despise the red carpet bullshit over the last few years. Ever since Judd's missus got her norks out it's become bigger than the count itself and it's just ridiculous.

I actually find the coverage of it cringe worthy, and totally insulting to women.

If I was a footballer I don't think I would take my wife to be honest, or at the very least I would enter the event via another way and avoid the red carpet all together. No one deserves that sort of ridiculous scrutiny over what they wear and how they look - particularly just because they happen to be a partner of a footballer.

I agree with all you have said ,IMO it is no more than free advertising for the Fashion industry who are trying to outdo each other.

Well done to Matthew Pridis , a very worthy winner, his winner's speech was all class.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Booney wrote:Nice set? Pfffttt...wouldn't go near the thing.  

"Geoff told me it had something to do with footy". Geoff could tell you pink elephants are going to ride in on Harley Davidsons and you'd believe it, idiot.

She gets a gig while literally millions would love the opportunity to be at such an event.

( Footnote - The Vic TAB ran a competiton, place any bet of $10 or more on any event from Sunday 8am to Monday 12pm and at 2pm the lucky winner was advised that they would be collected at 4pm in a limo, fitted with suit/frock and would accompany Jaimie Rogers from TAB to the Brownlow awards. Cracking prize!!! )

c'mon Mr Booney, you can not say her chest looked terrible etc......Jaimee Rogers looks good apart from having teeth like dracula Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down