Strawb
Gingernuts
C.K
Footy Chick
A Mum
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Current Television Programs.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Television Programs....

Post by Brucetiki Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:49 am

The new Wentworth has all the hallmarks of being a complete disaster, but I'm willing to give it a go.

The whole remodelling of Bea Smith in 2012, yet based on her early years, yet going to have both Vera and Joan in it, sounds like a complete mess. I would prefer it either be a true prequel (i.e. set in the early 70's) or for Be a Smith to be left out of the new series altogether. Yes, call it Wentworth, yes base it in 2012, and you could have links to the old Prisoner girls (such as having Elizabeth Latham in as an inmate in a similar vein to Chrissie Latham).

And yes, Val Lehman wants to be in the show as the lesbian governor (she has always had that desire if they ever re-made the show).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Current Television Programs.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Current Television Programs....

Post by Sabre Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I’m looking forward to Pick-A-Box tonight. Bob Dyer is bound to tell us all about the huge fish he and Dolly caught
during their holidays. That clever young bloke Barry Jones is certainly giving old George Black a run for his money.
Wouldn’t mind seeing someone with Barry’s smarts going into politics one day.
Oooh, I must pick up some of that BP Zoom Bob keeps raving about. Mowers love it apparently.
Geez I’d like to win the viewers prize. Imagine actually owning one of those new fangled mowers with a catcher …. WOW !
Anyway, must dash, lots of waxing and polishing to do before Terry Dear starts Concentration on Channel 9 at 3 o’clock.

In case you’re confused, we own a very, very old Television.
Wink
Luv,
Sabre.

Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:29 pm

That last post might as well be in French for me Sabre, no idea what/who the hell you are talking about. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I understand perfectly, Sabre Very Happy

By the way, who was the first British Governor-General of India. Wink
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Hold ya water 'Red' !
I'll have to warm up the crystal set for that kind of info.
This weather is causing lots of static towards India.
There may be an answer on the Radiola news programme tonight.
I'll let you know ... OVER !
Wink
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:13 pm

OK, I'll just listen to 'Hop Harrigan' and Jack Davey while I'm waiting.

Don't delay, I'll expect an answwer within a month.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Sabre wrote:I’m looking forward to Pick-A-Box tonight. Bob Dyer is bound to tell us all about the huge fish he and Dolly caught
during their holidays. That clever young bloke Barry Jones is certainly giving old George Black a run for his money.
Wouldn’t mind seeing someone with Barry’s smarts going into politics one day.
Oooh, I must pick up some of that BP Zoom Bob keeps raving about. Mowers love it apparently.
Geez I’d like to win the viewers prize. Imagine actually owning one of those new fangled mowers with a catcher …. WOW !
Anyway, must dash, lots of waxing and polishing do before Terry Dear starts Concentration on Channel 9 at 3 o’clock.

In case you’re confused, we own a very, very old Television.
Wink
Luv,
Sabre.

your nearly as old as me Sabre Wink

i reckon i'll be watching Homicide, Division 4, Matlock Police & Solo 1 on my tv tonight Very Happy Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Footy Chick Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Brucetiki wrote:The new Wentworth has all the hallmarks of being a complete disaster, but I'm willing to give it a go.

The whole remodelling of Bea Smith in 2012, yet based on her early years, yet going to have both Vera and Joan in it, sounds like a complete mess. I would prefer it either be a true prequel (i.e. set in the early 70's) or for Be a Smith to be left out of the new series altogether. Yes, call it Wentworth, yes base it in 2012, and you could have links to the old Prisoner girls (such as having Elizabeth Latham in as an inmate in a similar vein to Chrissie Latham).

And yes, Val Lehman wants to be in the show as the lesbian governor (she has always had that desire if they ever re-made the show).

I always wondered that, but if bea was serving a life sentence, surely she'd have to be in there as Bea...

Ideally you'd start off with a mix of old and new inmates, those that were serving life sentences and then once it gets a viewing base back, you weed out the old and bring in the new..personally I'd like to see Bea, Lou, Chrissy and Doreen start off and go from there.
Footy Chick
Footy Chick

My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 pm

My impression was that it won't be an actual "Prisoner sequel", but basically a 2012 show about women in prison. The "Prisoner" link being to try to give it some early publicity.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:The new Wentworth has all the hallmarks of being a complete disaster, but I'm willing to give it a go.

I always wondered that, but if bea was serving a life sentence, surely she'd have to be in there as Bea...

Ideally you'd start off with a mix of old and new inmates, those that were serving life sentences and then once it gets a viewing base back, you weed out the old and bring in the new..personally I'd like to see Bea, Lou, Chrissy and Doreen start off and go from there.

Bea died in a fire at Barnhurst, hence what I meant about rewriting history if they have her in there unless it is a prequel.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 am

MKR coming down to the final week - I think the next people I want to see go are the Tasmania couple - they are starting to drive me crazy with all their yelling and so forth....lol.

Really want Nick and Rocco to win this thing though.
Go SA Very Happy

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:27 am

Good to see two south aussie teams in the final
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:29 am

I reckon it will be an all-SA final.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 pm

That'd be awesome Very Happy
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I reckon it will be an all-SA final.

Hope your right, it would really stick it up the rest of them. Current Television Programs.... - Page 3 1920501681
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 pm

eastern seaboard would hate it go the south aussies
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Leigh and Jennifer won their semi-final 52-46, and the first half of the final is set.

YEAH!!!

Let's hope Nic and Rocco make it an all-SA final this time tomorrow night

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:42 am

Absolutley - come on Nic and Rocco !! Current Television Programs.... - Page 3 262676546

It's funny though - I was sure that the Tassie guys were going to win last night.
Especially since 2 judges claimed to find 'gravel' Shocked in their fancy rice stuff served up by the SA girls...lol..

How good did those desserts look last night - yummmo.

Loving that fact that MKR website have all the recipes up - but will I ever find the time to cook such extravegant dishes - probably not Laughing
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:50 am

A Mum wrote:It's funny though - I was sure that the Tassie guys were going to win last night.
Especially since 2 judges claimed to find 'gravel'
Shocked in their fancy rice stuff served up by the SA girls...lol..

Agreed. The more I watch the show the more I realise how much it is edited for dramatic effect.

Same with the way it seems like they are struggling to plate up in time and then all of a sudden they're standing there having done it easily. Pretty sure they've chopped up the footage and overlayed it with dramatic music to build the tension most of the time. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:54 am

lol - I was thinking that last night too - the part about "20 seconds to plate up guys" - oh wow look at that - 12 plates (or however many it is) done in that time - yeah right Laughing

However - I still love this show Very Happy
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:04 am

I don't think I have ever seen one contestant on this or Masterchef who hasn't finished with 0.01 of a second to go..

I'm hanging out for a team to finish with 5 minutes to go and say "all done, easy as' Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 am

Laughing

Maybe that can be Nic and Rocco tonight.

Funny thing is I love MKR but hate Masterchef... weird probably I know..lol.
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:22 am

redandblack wrote:
I'm hanging out for a team to finish with 5 minutes to go and say "all done, easy as' Cool

The elimination cookoff last week between the Angela and Justine and Megan and Andy both seemed to plate up quite early. The judges did comment that they thought Angela and Justine were plating up too early, which affected their dish. Then there was Megan's infamous 'I want it plated up in 8 minutes' rant when they had 18 minutes to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 am

A Mum wrote: Funny thing is I love MKR but hate Masterchef... weird probably I know..lol.

I'm the same. The good thing about MKR is that even though teams may have to use certain ingredients at times, they can choose what they want to cook.

Masterchef is a glorified high school home ec class where you have 40 people cooking the exact same thing, which puts me off the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:30 am

So glad Megan is gone. So sick of:

"COOK THE PRAWNS NOW DARLING...NO WE NEED TO DARLING.....I'VE GOT TO PLATE UP NOW DARLING"

How Andy didn't give her a backhander I'll never know. He was always right too, I don't recall him making a mistake the whole series. It was alway Megan who stuffed something up.

I will however, miss Manou saying "megaananandee". Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next