blacky
Sabre
MightyEagles
Big Phil
9 posters

Go down

2012 State Game Empty 2012 State Game

Post by Big Phil Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Great to see state footy back and this year we take on WA down at Glenelg Oval, which will be a fantastic atmosphere, no doubt.

The game will be on Saturday May 26th and will be broadcast on ABC TV and I assume local radio also...

With Darel Hart resigning after the last state game back in 2009, we now need to find a new coach...

A few names, including Andrew Jarman and Micky Godden in the mix as well as a couple of other interesting potential candidates mentioned...

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/godden-jars-in-mix-for-state-job/story-e6freckc-1226282986373
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

2012 State Game Empty Re: 2012 State Game

Post by MightyEagles Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:08 pm

I would have it at Thebby Oval and give them the carp away rooms.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Teams : Eagles
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:00 pm

State Game??? EXCELLENT Smithers ! Very Happy

Although a great honour, I doubt any of our incumbent league coaches would have the time required to do justice to this game’s importance, considering their local priorities. There’s definitely the need for some payback and ‘best state league’ bragging rights is also at stake. Love him or hate him, I can’t help thinking that ‘Jars’ just might be the right man for the job this time around.

1) Availability – Has the time to ‘do it right’.
2) Recent knowledge of opposition from having coached in WAFL
3) Motivation to prove himself after his coaching stint failed in the West.

Andrew Jarman must be filthy on himself and perhaps quite a few others over the border due to his results and departure as a WAFL club coach. Could his ‘churning guts’ make the difference for us ?

I don’t really mind who steps up to the plate, just so long as they give this game the time and meticulous research / planning it deserves. It just seems that ‘Jars’ not only ticks all the boxes, he also has those extra blood lust issues to succeed.
i.e. Unfinished business and sweet revenge.
Twisted Evil
Very much looking forward to this game. It should be promoted as a real blockbuster so all the un-AFL talent scouts turn up.
While the game is on, we can take ‘em out behind the stands and give ‘em EVERYTHING they deserve.
Laughing
I’ll be there if I can break the ‘wedlock’ !
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:26 pm

MightyEagles wrote:I would have it at Thebby Oval and give them the carp away rooms.
away rooms at the bay would be crapper than the rooms at thebby
blacky
blacky

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 pm

blacky wrote:
MightyEagles wrote:I would have it at Thebby Oval and give them the carp away rooms.
away rooms at the bay would be crapper than the rooms at thebby
correct Blacky
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Good decision by the SANFL IMO. In a prime tourist location and one of the smaller grounds to pack in a intimidating crowd for the opposition. If they have the worst away change rooms, well then so be it! Very Happy
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 am

Assistant coaches and a chairman of selectors have been announced for the State Squad...

From Localfootysa...

Jai Bednall in MMCM wrote:
ROWEY IN THE HOT SEAT

Former Glenelg assistant and 5AA media personality Stephen Rowe has been installed as chairman of selectors for the state team.

Rowe, coach Michael Godden, and assistants Jarrod Cotton (forward coach), John Platten (midfield coach) and Peter Caven (defence coach), will meet this Thursday and plan to announce an initial squad of about 35 players the following week.

Rowe said players selected in last year's state team - which didn't play a game - had the inside running for selection this year.

``We're using that as a starting point, but there's seven players unavailable from that side,'' Rowe said.

``And those players (still available) will need to maintain their form and fitness.''

Rowe said first year SANFL players, which in the past had been overlooked for selection, could be picked for the game against Western Australia at Glenelg on May 26.

``The only instructions we've been given is to pick the best possible side,'' Rowe said.

``We'd like to pick guys that are in form.''
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Very Happy
Many congratulations to state coach Michael Godden and his assistants Jarrod Cotton, John Platten and Peter Caven, along with Stephen Rowe as chairman of selectors. That’s a pretty handy line up in anyone’s language. I noticed ‘Platts’ was already hard at it checking out the talent in the Norwood / Central game on Saturday night. Good luck to you all. South Australia is right behind you.
2012 State Game 169538438
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:00 pm

Little Johnny Platten was at Richmond oval last night also, but I really suspect he was there to watch his beloved Bulldogs.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:01 pm

testy wrote:
Little Johnny Platten was at Richmond oval last night also, but I really suspect he was there to watch his beloved Bulldogs.

He's an assistant coach at Centrals these days.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:36 pm

He was with Andy Collins at the club after the game as well. They were Hawthorn premiership team-mates.

Friendships made through football are special.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down