Game Times & the SANFL

5 posters

Go down

Game Times & the SANFL Empty Game Times & the SANFL

Post by Lee Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 pm

The Reserves game at Glenelg started at 1pm yesterday.

It was followed by an Under 18's game, with the League game starting at 6.30 (give or take another 15 minutes waiting for the lights to come back on).

Perhaps the geniuses who decided or insisted on this schedule might consider the many volunteers next time they have such a brainfart.

A volunteer would have started at about 11am or well before if the away team, done the Reserves game, waited around for an hour or two, done the League game and left about 9.30, often to take gear, etc back to the club and get home about 11pm.

Easy from a desk.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Game Times & the SANFL Empty Re: Game Times & the SANFL

Post by Thiele Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:16 pm

At least the Reserves didn't play at 8.30. I remember going back a few years when on a Sunday West vs Eagles at Woodville it was reserves at 8.30 followed by the u/18s followed by the league at 2.10
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 pm

We left home at 11.30am yesterday to get to the Bay oval on time to do what I do for the club and arrived home at 10.15pm.
This would be the longest day I have ever spent at the footy and WILL NOT make myself available if these stupid schedules are repeated in future.
My guess would be not one person involved in this silly programing would have been there for this length of time.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:19 pm

I understand your angst Testy, R&B, but what you do is for the love of your club, the same as every other volunteer does for their club.

It is nice to get it off you chest for now, if it is scheduled for Westies again you will be there to do it all over again, as people who do your job are scarce and we all dislike giving up what we are doing and letting someone else do it.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Yes, you're right, Prowler, I and all volunteers would be there whatever time it was.

I think the League sometimes takes its volunteers for granted, though.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Game Times & the SANFL 1672671459 Correct
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:31 pm

the prowler wrote:I understand your angst Testy, R&B, but what you do is for the love of your club, the same as every other volunteer does for their club.

It is nice to get it off you chest for now, if it is scheduled for Westies again you will be there to do it all over again, as people who do your job are scarce and we all dislike giving up what we are doing and letting someone else do it.
Yep true
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm

the prowler wrote:I understand your angst Testy, R&B, but what you do is for the love of your club, the same as every other volunteer does for their club.

Yes you are right prowler. I just had to vent my thoughts on the silly programing we endured yesterday, it was just such a long day for all concerned. Thank you for your thoughts prowler.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 pm

redandblack wrote:The Reserves game at Glenelg started at 1pm yesterday.

It was followed by an Under 18's game, with the League game starting at 6.30 (give or take another 15 minutes waiting for the lights to come back on).

Perhaps the geniuses who decided or insisted on this schedule might consider the many volunteers next time they have such a brainfart.

A volunteer would have started at about 11am or well before if the away team, done the Reserves game, waited around for an hour or two, done the League game and left about 9.30, often to take gear, etc back to the club and get home about 11pm.

Easy from a desk.

You might want to talk to your Club about this and get back to us R & B. From experience, both Clubs need to agree for the Reserves not to be played directly before the League match.
Would have needed to be a request from Glenelg, agreed to by West.
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:44 am

Request from Glenelg, not agreed to by West, SANFL refused to change it back, I believe.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum