C.K
Lee
testy
13 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Trotting - Page 2 Empty Re: Trotting

Post by Lee Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 am

Bon Adios was terrific. One of the few horses that could go around the field down the back straight at Wayville. Adios Court was a lovely looking little horse and very, very good.

I only went to Harold Park once. Watched a 2 year old race. One horse was tailed off early. I said to Mrs R & B: "Look at that horse tailed off. What a pity, because he's a lovely mover".

It won by plenty.

Paleface Adios was it's name - first win at HP.

Another great memory of Globe Derby: A cold winter's night. Last race, for trotters. One horse, having its first start, over from Victoria, was backed in to about 2's on.

It got tailed off. caught the field and broke again, tailed off.

Won by about 30 metres anyway.

Maori's Idol.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:59 am

redandblack wrote:I was the same with Wayville and Globe Derby years ago, Bundy.

What was the name of Jackie Sandilands best trotter?
I know he had Robinette she was a bitch of a horse always bit me when i gave her a cube of sugar or a carrot. Very Happy Trying to think of the one that was more popular might have to try google that one.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:07 pm

The one I was thinking of was Atherton Lad.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 pm

I did not think that was his?Memory not the best but i know he was on the committee at G/D FOR A WHILE.I do remember him pissing on the horses open cuts on there legs he told us it kills the germs.?????????Off now to Lawn Bowls up here at Freeling my first day. Trotting - Page 2 2803512470 PS i am a real dick Katangie was one of his as well loved that horse great nature just an average Pacer.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Bundy wrote:I still remember Mount Eden winning the Miracle Mile i think in Perth it broke at the start lost heaps of ground but come home with a storming run down the straight to take the honours.One of the best.MY favouries Katangie, Bon adios, Adios Court,Paleface Adios and balos de sire.

i have that race albeit grainy on video, you are almost right Bundy as it was a Western Australian horse but the Miracle Mile has always been run in N.S.W for many years at Harold Park & at Menangle in recent years, personally i think it is the most over rated race in Australasia & i'll add when they had the race at Harold Park the Miracle Mile was changed in distance to 1760 metres & a mile is 1609 metres

as for last night the track at G.D.P is usually pretty good, however there was a pool of water on the home turn last night & in the first the leader stepped into it & broke & the swoopers won, the next race the swoopers also won & it was obvious that the inside was way too heavy so it was unfair with a track biased & thankfully they were called off as i was already worried that i'd done my money on quaddies & so forth for the night
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Bundy wrote:I had the pleasure of sitting with Johnny Lewis trainer of Carclew inter winner at a nursing home about 5yrs ago spoke for about 2 hours about trots was absolutely fantastic told me he knew Carclew would win and told me the odds 33/1 was ridiculous but friends made some money.We used to go to days road Sunday training runs used to help Jackie Sandilands with his trotters he was a rough diamond.Always went to Wayville and Gawler trots when
Globe derby started went there from the first night i think Wimmera Belle won about the first 4 weeks in a row.

I got 50/1 Carclew Trotting - Page 2 1707509332 Trotting - Page 2 1654271768

The best filly I ever saw at Globe Derby was Lindsay Heads daughter Trotting - Page 2 2803512470
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Come On Frank returning to racing tuesday night at Mildura

R4 2190 M M-S

1. ART SHADOW
2. AMADMANCUMSUNDONE
3. COME ON FRANK
4. FORREST FALCON
5. CHRISTIAN SHADOW
6. MISTER RHYS
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Harpo wrote:Come On Frank returning to racing tuesday night at Mildura

R4 2190 M M-S

1. ART SHADOW
2. AMADMANCUMSUNDONE
3. COME ON FRANK
4. FORREST FALCON
5. CHRISTIAN SHADOW
6. MISTER RHYS

i don't know all of those horses but i can tell you that no 5 went very well last monday at GDP
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:01 pm

bayman wrote:This is the site for The Night Pearls lifetime races it's last race was on the 1st of june the EMPIRE VICBRED 3YO C&G i presume it is out for a spell

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/reports/start.cfm?horse_id=575212

then type in THE NIGHT PEARL in general search then select the horse next select up the top the bottom middle tag 'Horse Racing Performance' and you get the site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he won last night at Newcastle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Results - Race 6 NEWCASTLE 5 October 2012
Trots TV
Replay help
CUSTOM TRANSPORTABLE BUILDINGS PACE
Race code: NRC05101210 Stakes: $5,000 Gait: PACERS Class: C2
2,030 METRES MOBILE START
Pl Horse Prize-
money Row &
Br TAB
# Trainer Driver
( C = Concession ) Mgn
(m) Starting
odds Stewards'
Comments
Expln
1 THE NIGHT PEARL Add to Blackbook $3,350 Fr8 8 P N Simcoe P N Simcoe $ 1.40 fav 3WE RES 3WM D/F$200 UW BL 2 SWAB
BROWN HORSE 4 by VILLAGE JASPER USA out of ERIS
Owner(s): P N (Peter) Simcoe
Breeder(s): Brooklyn Lodge Aberdeen Pty Ltd
2 LOSTA ARMBRO NZ Add to Blackbook $675 Fr4 4 S P Tritton G K Chapple 2.00 $ 22.20 BL 10
3 JUST DELIGHT Add to Blackbook $450 Fr6 6 B F Matterson A R Ruggari 2.70 $ 5.70 GS 3WE L BL 1
4 ROLLON RED ROCKET Add to Blackbook $225 Fr1 1 D T Reay R P Morris 3.60 $ 12.50 GS L SL BL 3
5 ARTILIEM NZ Add to Blackbook $50 Fr5 5 D J Burford D J Burford 23.10 $ 51.60 BL 8
6 GOOD BYE FELLA Add to Blackbook $50 Fr3 3 A J Lange M A Callaghan 25.30 $ 20.10 COTFF GS BL 6
7 BANYULA FELLA NZ Add to Blackbook $50 Fr9 9 R J Pike M C Muscat (C,cl) 26.60 $ 12.90 GS 3WE BL 4
8 SAFELY ROCKING Add to Blackbook $50 Fr7 7 J R O'Hearn R J Vernon 29.70 $ 25.40 BL 7
9 IMAGINALITY Add to Blackbook $50 Fr2 2 G E Markey G E Markey 42.40 $ 69.80 COTFF GO WI BL 5 (L)
Scratchings
All started
Track Rating: GOOD Gross Time: 2:29:2 Mile Rate: 1:58:3 Lead Time: 30.4
First Quarter: 29.6 Second Quarter: 30.5 Third Quarter: 28.7 Fourth Quarter: 30.0
Margins: 2.0m x HFNK
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Harpo wrote:Come On Frank returning to racing tuesday night at Mildura

R4 2190 M M-S

1. ART SHADOW
2. AMADMANCUMSUNDONE
3. COME ON FRANK
4. FORREST FALCON
5. CHRISTIAN SHADOW
6. MISTER RHYS

1 COME ON FRANK
2 MISTER RHYS
3 CHRISTIAN SHADOW
4 FOREST FALCON

SCH 1. ART SHADOW and NO.2 AMADMANCUSUNDONE
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Frank is on his way to NSW to race mainly at Menangle for the bigger prizemoney, he'll win his fair share up there
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 pm

the champ Smokenup will run at Globe Derby Park this Saturday night, it'll be way way too short to back but would be worth the trip just too watch the champ in the flesh, he's coming across on a hit & run mission to give the horse 'a kill' so he can get his confidence back
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm

i can add i heard that this will coincide with a huge announcement on Saturday night, it is a sponsorship deal with a corporate bookie but i can't say more than that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 pm

well so much for making a huge announcement on Saturday night, they couldn't wait !!!

SA Harness Racing secures biggest ever Commerical Sponsorship
19 October 2012
by the Chief Executive Officer, John Lewis
Logo

19 October 2012
In what is believed to be the most significant commercial sponsorship deal ever secured by harness racing in South Australia, Harness Racing SA (HRSA) and the South Australian Harness Racing Club (SAHRC) are delighted to announce a major sponsorship agreement with corporate bookmaking agency, Betezy.
The three year agreement with Betezy includes the naming rights to Globe Derby Park, which will be known as ‘Betezy Park, Globe Derby’. The sponsorship agreement also includes naming rights to the SA Pacing Cup and the summer racing season including the very popular ‘Summer Carnival’ held each January.
HRSA and SAHRC CEO John Lewis stated that the agreement will result in a significant increase in the public profile of harness racing in South Australia, and is a major step in restoring the code’s reputation and status both locally and nationally.
Betezy CEO, Ryan Kay, said that Betezy is proud to be associated with harness racing in South Australia, and looks forward to an outstanding relationship which will deliver real benefits to harness racing across South Australia. The sponsorship is timely with Betezy’s bigger and better racing offerings including fixed odds every race, back or lay betting and iphone app.
The official launch of the new partnership will occur on Saturday 20 October at Globe Derby Park coinciding with the appearance of Australia’s champion pacer ‘Smoken Up’ in the Adelaide Galvanising Minor Derby Free for All. Partnering Smoken Up will be former South Australian reinsman Lance Justice.
Saturday’s racing gets underway just after 6pm, with Smoken Up racing at 9.20pm. Tickets are $7 for adults, $4 for concession and children under 16 free.
More Information
John Lewis, Chief Executive Officer
Ph 0417 855 300
Ryan Kay, CEO Betezy
Ph 0414 928 666
Related Links
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 am

Conflict of interest perhaps ?
Bookmaker Peter Dammerell is the lone Bookmaker at Globe Derby
Peter and staff are a fantastic unit, provide a service, and given punters a reason for continuing to attend the trots
Betezy bet set odds also for South Australian trots and in effect may 'poach' a punter or two from Peter

The sponsorship is good for the club
But what happens if Peter Dammerell decides to vacate Globe Derby ?
What then ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:17 am

Scrappy wrote:Conflict of interest perhaps ?
Bookmaker Peter Dammerell is the lone Bookmaker at Globe Derby
Peter and staff are a fantastic unit, provide a service, and given punters a reason for continuing to attend the trots
Betezy bet set odds also for South Australian trots and in effect may 'poach' a punter or two from Peter

The sponsorship is good for the club
But what happens if Peter Dammerell decides to vacate Globe Derby ?
What then ?

I thought the same Scrappy.

Great for the club as far as sponsorship goes no problems there but what irks me with these private betting firms and most of them are big betting firms is whenever a bet is placed with them no money comes back to the various racing codes (Trotting, Greyhounds, Thoroughbreds) Correct me if I am wrong.
Only the TAB distributes money back to these codes and if everyone bets with the private firm then the less money comes back to the racing game overall.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:39 pm

I think the corporates pay 1.5% on turnover, but that was a case NSW took up, so im not sure if it is applied throughout the industry.

Money does filter back from the corporates who may lay off on the tote.
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

There was a court case between NSW TAB against Betfair and Sportsbet
NSW TAB won the case, and BF + SB have to pay about a 1.5 % commissions on holdings
This has affected BF patrons
BF raised their commissions up by about 1.5 % on Australian racing products
Sports betting has stayed at the same rate with no increase on BF
I know a few successful punters who have been banned from Sportsbet products , some around about the time the court case was adjudicated
So both BF + SB have made adjustments

From what I understand the SATC derives about 10% commissions from on course TAB turnovers , which is used for distributions and expenses by the club , whats left is ???
Im not sure what distribution % they get from the 1.5 % turnover from BF and Corporates Bookies

The on course Bookmaker creates turnover for the on course TAB
Punters will utilize the Bookies expertised markets, and back TAB overs, and formulate exotics and multiples
Peter Dammerells odds assessor is on the tee with his odds and provides a very good guide
If Dammerell vacates GDP , punters will miss that guide, and attendances are very likely to diminish, and on course turnover will drop

Betezy at this stage, is mostly only displaying up a market with about less than 5 minutes to go
They appear have a systematical format for set odds linked to the BF odds
Whatever BF odds are Betezy is about 10-15 % less at set odds
The on course punters cant get that guide unless he has his own phone or pad technologies with him
This technology is too much for some baby boomer punters , who are the majority of the crowd these days ,without this technology , they will have no guide

Just for the record
Bookmaker.com.au bet live odds on Adelaide Trots
They stopped on Monday betting set odds
Punting Cyborgs perhaps have reduced this firm to the scrapheap
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

All to complicated for me, as a trotting lover from wayback I can only see doom and gloom Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 pm

testy wrote:
All to complicated for me, as a trotting lover from wayback I can only see doom and gloom Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

it's been doom & gloom for at least 30 years, for the first time in my memory i can actually see light at the end of the tunnel, some of the land is being sold so if the money from the sale is managed correctly, they should be able to set themselves up securely, btw the money from betezy ($250,000.00 per year for 3 years) is going into prizemoney..........if not managed (money from land sale) correctly i still doubt they'll ever run out of races anyway Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm

SATC should be HRSA Rolling Eyes

Testy, what was a better venue to attend Wayville or Globe Derby ?
One of my regrets was that I was never taken to Wayville trots, I was confined to listening to the events on the radio
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Scrappy wrote:SATC should be HRSA Rolling Eyes

Testy, what was a better venue to attend Wayville or Globe Derby ?
One of my regrets was that I was never taken to Wayville trots, I was confined to listening to the events on the radio

Wayville was as one could imagine like an amphitheatre, very similar too Moonee Valley gallops & therefore the atmosphere electric.......

these are the 3 most common rumours circulating at Globe Derby as to when (or if) they move

in no order

back to Wayville

out to Kudla (near Gawler)

Victoria Park with a 1400 metre track......i can't see them going down the path of renting or leasing the land though
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:28 pm

I used to go to Wayville often. As a kid, at first in the outer. Smell of hot chips, bookies, tote tickets, Mr Emes driving Golden Crusader or Silver Crusader to a place in the Qualifying in race 1, Alby Holberton turning no-hoper horses into odds-on pops when he took over their training, usually driven by Kevin Brooks in the yellow, green band.

The horses up really close, great venue, but tiny, of course, so the leader won about 70% of the races.

Later I used to sit in the stand, watching Bon Adios circle the field in the Free for All, Adios Court look sensational and a bad season or two rescued by Gleaming Girl (Lewis driving, IIRC, with the number plate in the middle of the back instead of on the head, again IIRC.

I also went to GDP regularly for years when it opened. Reichmann won the main race at the first meeting and came from near last in the last lap. We hadn't seen that before. Horses ran mile rates of an amazing 2.07 or better, again we hadn't seen that before.

Nothing like Wayville for a night out.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 pm

redandblack wrote:I used to go to Wayville often. As a kid, at first in the outer. Smell of hot chips, bookies, tote tickets, Mr Emes driving Golden Crusader or Silver Crusader to a place in the Qualifying in race 1, Alby Holberton turning no-hoper horses into odds-on pops when he took over their training, usually driven by Kevin Brooks in the yellow, green

I met Alby once - he was quite the character from all reports Trotting - Page 2 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 am

We used to go to Globe Derby nearly every Saturday night about 22 years ago. Used to love walking through the horses at the stable - was always a great atmosphere and entertainment after the races finished. Oh and grab a hot pastie at the gate as you left!! ...lol.

Having that much traffic that they needed 'parking attendants' when you arrived and police directing traffic when you left.

A highlight entertainment wise (that I still remember) was seeing Denise Drysdale one night, and 'Elvis to the Max' another night. As I said great atmosphere.

Worst experience was one night - I was very heavily pregnant with second child, and my first child then 2 year old just took off/ran down the hill between the track and the book makers in the shed - and disappeared into the crowd of punters. That was scary stuff !!

But yeah - I have some great memories of Globe Derby myself. Trotting - Page 2 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum