R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Booney on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 am

Scrunch wrote:If they can tidy the starts up it will be interesting to see how they go without having to play the energy sapping catchup game.

Luckily for Adelaide the Bulldogs left their run too late yesterday. With the early deficit and then fight back Adelaide looked shot about half way through the last quarter, but the Bulldogs needed to be back on level terms in the third quarter, not late in the last.

Booney
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Booney on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 am

Scrunch wrote:And for Port, well they have an embarrassment of riches at the moment. Boak, Ebert, Wines, Cornes is a great start for a midfield nucleus, but when you can run others like Westoff, Wingard, White, Gray, Gray, Young etc through there, it's super imposing. Hinkley has just done such an incredible job with his group - So many non-household names that are now starting to receive overdue recognition outside of Alberton, Hombsch in particular. They are up there with Hawthorn and Geelong as the most entertaining of sides to watch.

Hombsch and Jonas are very versatile and can play tall and small.

Port's biggest step forward in the last 18 months ( among many ) has been the level of improvement in our foot skills. The open attacking game plan would fall apart if we didn't execute our skills and the likes of Boak and Ebert have gone from good runners to great runners with excellent skills while Hartlett is finally fit, Wines is a bull and Polec and White have added some real dash and polish, they aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty either.

Ports midfield might just about be the best in the AFL. ( I said might )

Boak, Ebert, Wines, Hartlett, Cornes, Wingard, Polec, White, R.Gray, Cassisi. That's a pretty solid list of 10. Throw Broadbent, Young and the returning Monfries.

Boak and Ebert in AA form.
Booney
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by valleys07 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 am

Speaking of AA Boon- Robbie Gray wouldn't be far off either atm.
valleys07
valleys07

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 70
Location : Adelaide, South Australia
Teams : Port Adelaide, Port Power, Hope Valley
My club : port

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

Booney wrote:
Scrunch wrote:And for Port, well they have an embarrassment of riches at the moment. Boak, Ebert, Wines, Cornes is a great start for a midfield nucleus, but when you can run others like Westoff, Wingard, White, Gray, Gray, Young etc through there, it's super imposing. Hinkley has just done such an incredible job with his group - So many non-household names that are now starting to receive overdue recognition outside of Alberton, Hombsch in particular. They are up there with Hawthorn and Geelong as the most entertaining of sides to watch.

Hombsch and Jonas are very versatile and can play tall and small.

Port's biggest step forward in the last 18 months ( among many ) has been the level of improvement in our foot skills. The open attacking game plan would fall apart if we didn't execute our skills and the likes of Boak and Ebert have gone from good runners to great runners with excellent skills while Hartlett is finally fit, Wines is a bull and Polec and White have added some real dash and polish, they aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty either.

Ports midfield might just about be the best in the AFL. ( I said might )

Boak, Ebert, Wines, Hartlett, Cornes, Wingard, Polec, White, R.Gray, Cassisi. That's a pretty solid list of 10. Throw Broadbent, Young and the returning Monfries.

Boak and Ebert in AA form.

The injection of talent over the last 2 seasons via drafting and trading has been A+ from Port Adelaide.

A perfect example of how a side bottoming out can engineer a quick resurgence using high draft picks and smart trading. Richmond & Melbourne should take note - two clubs that have been terrible for extended periods of time, despite being awarded an embarrasing amount of top 10 draft picks over the past decade. This is how it's done. Unfortunately I think those Clubs lack the one thing that Port has always excelled at - having a superb culture to bring everything together.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Scrunch wrote:If they can tidy the starts up it will be interesting to see how they go without having to play the energy sapping catchup game.

Luckily for Adelaide the Bulldogs left their run too late yesterday. With the early deficit and then fight back Adelaide looked shot about half way through the last quarter, but the Bulldogs needed to be back on level terms in the third quarter, not late in the last.


Yesterday will seem like a fairly forgettable game for most - but for me it was a bit of a line in the sand moment. Adelaide played fairly average football at times, still making some terrible errors at crucial times in the match. However despite this they dug deep and found a way to win. There's something in that IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Wasn't impressed by the late hit on Dangerfireld after the 3/4 siren went. Deserves a week's holiday if just to stop other snipers or else the mission statement will be to shirtfront the oppositions best player after the siren because you can get away with it.

Adelaide should beat Melbourne and square the win-loss ledger but will need to fnd better and more consistent form to make the finals. They have a look of mid-table mediocrity to them ATM.

Port - ultra impressive, deserved the win. Cornes needs to stop flopping, that was an embarassing display from him.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1350
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by bayman on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 pm

did anyone see the interview between Kane Cornes & Eddie Maguire on fox footy last night ? i understand it was a slip of the tongue by a tongue twisted Eddie but fair dinkum he's a professional ''tv man'' surely there should be an apology to the viewers......i believe Kane has received an apology.........for those that didn't see/hear it he dropped the worst word in the language & it starts with c...  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7466
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Booney wrote:

Hombsch and Jonas are very versatile and can play tall and small.

Port's biggest step forward in the last 18 months ( among many ) has been the level of improvement in our foot skills. The open attacking game plan would fall apart if we didn't execute our skills and the likes of Boak and Ebert have gone from good runners to great runners with excellent skills while Hartlett is finally fit, Wines is a bull and Polec and White have added some real dash and polish, they aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty either.

Ports midfield might just about be the best in the AFL. ( I said might )

Boak, Ebert, Wines, Hartlett, Cornes, Wingard, Polec, White, R.Gray, Cassisi. That's a pretty solid list of 10. Throw Broadbent, Young and the returning Monfries.

Boak and Ebert in AA form.

Being married to a Port supporter (yes our marriage is probably illegal in some countries) I see a lot of their games and I reckon that their most important player is probably Westhoff- his form over the last two seasons has been outstanding and he's so hard to match up on. I thought he was stiff to miss out on AA last year and I reckon his form this year is up to last year's standard at least.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Join date : 2013-09-09
Posts : 242
Location : Melbourne
Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by IAmTheWarrior on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:04 pm

bayman wrote:did anyone see the interview between Kane Cornes & Eddie Maguire on fox footy last night ? i understand it was a slip of the tongue by a tongue twisted Eddie but fair dinkum he's a professional ''tv man'' surely there should be an apology to the viewers......i believe Kane has received an apology.........for those that didn't see/hear it he dropped the worst word in the language & it starts with c...  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

Yep, saw it Bayman and rewound to check what I thought I'd heard. Stupid yes, not a word that should be used on TV but it's just a word.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Join date : 2013-09-09
Posts : 242
Location : Melbourne
Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:14 pm

The once invinceable Eddie Everywhere is starting to make some gaffes that would have once been unthinkable.

No longer the face of Channel 9, is his star starting to fall?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Join date : 2012-02-03
Posts : 3061
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Scrunch on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 am

UncleHuey wrote:Wasn't impressed by the late hit on Dangerfireld after the 3/4 siren went. Deserves a week's holiday if just to stop other snipers or else the mission statement will be to shirtfront the oppositions best player after the siren because you can get away with it.

Understand the message you'd like to see sent, but I think there's also the opportunity to send the message that players can be bumped still and need to have awareness.

He hasn't gone near Dangerfields head, so it was just a normal bump, the likes have which have been going on in the game for over 100 years. I find it incredulous that Gia would even get cited for it.

He picked him off no doubt, but legally, so I fail to see why he was charged.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Paul on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 am

Because it was after the siren perhaps?
Dangerfield had stopped due to the siren going.
Paul
Paul

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1717
Location : Whyalla
Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Scrunch on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:52 am

Ah OK. I thought it happened just before or on the siren. If it was noticably after the siren had gone then it's perhaps a bit more understandable.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by A Mum on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 am

Rory Sloane - if all the crows players just took half a leaf out of his book, last quarter especially on Sunday then we'd have one hell of a team.
 
He said 'he owed it to the team' to play as he did, wouldn't it be good if they all had that mentality.
Played like a super star - and that smother - wow wee.
 
That's what footballers should be made of.
 
However I think I have to stop talking him up around home as my husband is starting to refer to him as my boyfriend - not likely given he's young enough to be my son!!  Laughing
A Mum
A Mum

Join date : 2011-12-16
Posts : 2245
Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:59 am

Saw a replay of that smother last night, was one of the best you'll see. Absolute desperation and a game saver.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by bayman on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:27 pm

A Mum wrote:
 
However I think I have to stop talking him up around home as my husband is starting to refer to him as my boyfriend - not likely given he's young enough to be my son!!  Laughing


plenty of cougars out there & you could be just one more  Wink Razz Very Happy 
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7466
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by UncleHuey on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 pm

Scrunch wrote:Ah OK. I thought it happened just before or on the siren. If it was noticably after the siren had gone then it's perhaps a bit more understandable.

Wearing my Crows tinted glasses, I thought it was definately after the siren as Dangerfield had relaxed and turned away from the ball when he was hit. The players around him had clearly stopped playing at the time.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Join date : 2013-03-20
Posts : 1350
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: R6 - Port v Geelong & Western Bulldogs v Adelaide

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum