bayman
Scrunch
UncleHuey
Gingernuts
13 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS - Page 2 Empty Re: R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS

Post by Paul Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:06 am

GWS being underestimated here. Adelaide won't thrash them.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS - Page 2 Empty Re: R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS

Post by bayman Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

sapaul wrote:GWS being underestimated here. Adelaide won't thrash them.

with their two outs i reckon Adelaide will win by close to 15 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Gingernuts wrote:

In other news I hear rumours the BIG TEXAS could front up ANZAC day weekend for the Crows SANFL side against Glenelg!

I have a feeling VB said last week at the after match in Melb that he might even get a run this week although I see he's not named. Crouch a bit stiff to be dropped IMHO although perhaps I'm talking from the lens of my supercoach team!

You'd need a big bag to cover those ears btw. R5 - West Coast vs Port Adelaide & Adelaide vs GWS - Page 2 3975464488 
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Just opened an email from the club saying that lynch in for Martin is the only change so looks like Crouch junior won't play in the sanfl.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Cant see the Crows losing this one, will be close but think the Crows will get home with the points when it counts.

As for the Power, would have to say West Coast this time around, no real reason bar the fact that its on their own deck. Should Port win this, its probably time to look at what Centrebet are offering for a final 8 finish for this season one might think...!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Boy, surely D Glass is in a bit of trouble for one or possibly two incidents tonight against Port.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 pm

He will get off.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Booney wrote:Crowd will be interesting - 34,398

Was 44,000 odd. Pretty good for a 12.30 Sunday game and Easter Sunday. And against a non big crowd pulling side ala one of the big Victorian teams.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:30 pm

sapaul wrote:

Was 44,000 odd. Pretty good for a 12.30 Sunday game and Easter Sunday. And against a non big crowd pulling side ala one of the big Victorian teams.

Agreed. I was surprised when I saw the size of the crowd on the TV. I think the move to Adelaide Oval so far has been a beauty and will only get better for both clubs.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:
sapaul wrote:

Agreed.  I was surprised when I saw the size of the crowd on the TV.  I think the move to Adelaide Oval so far has been a beauty and will only get better for both clubs.

i hope your right but i wonder how much of a novelty factor the big crowds are & off course if either or both teams have a struggling season whether the crowds would still be as good
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Douglas has been straight to tribunal
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes, I think he is in trouble. I don't think he should get rubbed out, but he will as they've basically 'banned the bump'. 2 - 3 at least, a good record might save him a bit of pain though. Something we could do without that's for sure.

Was great to see Dangerfield find some form yesterday, and generally the boys played well, but there was still many moments where you thought 'gee, a better team would have made us pay dearly there'. Still plenty of work to do, and no doubt Sanderson is under no illusions there.

That said, we shouldn't take anything away from GWS. They went missing from about half way through the first until half time, but apart from that I thought they fought the game out really well at a times their ball movement and stoppage work was impressive. It's easy to see that they would be a 5 goal better side with Mumford in the ruck, Adelaide certainly dodged a bit of a bullet there.

One thing that gave me a bit of a spring in the step walking out of the ground was Matt Crouch's performance. This kid is super impressive. Wanted the ball in his hands all day, used it exceptionally well, looks to be a fantastic decision maker, and just looks so comfortable at AFL level. Hard to believe he is only 18 and has played only 3 games to be honest. Can not wait to see both of the Crouch boys lining up in the same side.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 am

Crouch does look very impressive. Although I do worry about blokes who lean back and stop their momentum when they kick, always looks to be getting set up to be hit.

Douglas in real strife I think. The AFL want the bump gone and more than anything they want the bump that wasn't there or needed to be applied gone more than anything else. Apart from GPS data it's anyone's guess if it was within 5m,but I don't think it was. Was Ward impacting upon the play? Not at all, there was not chase on and he wasn't going to get Smith. Was Ward aware of his surroundings? No, he wasn't, but that makes the hit worse IMO. Douglas could have just swung across in front or behind him and really put the wind up Ward, he would have had a heart flutter as he would have known he dodged a bullet. Most unlike Douglas and one where he simply 'picked off' Ward. I think the AFL have been waiting for this example to come along and thats why the MRP went straight to the tribunal. 4 weeks IMO.

Glass on Wingard.....? Glass has no eyes on the ball, only on Wingard, he leaves the ground and takes Wingard "right up the middle" and get's one week.....even with carry over points!!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 am

Tredrea on Footy Classified last night said Douglas should get 0 games.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 am

A lot of people think it should be nothing sapaul. The AFL doesn't think so though. Not feeling optimistic to be honest.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 am

Crouch has received this week's rising star nomination.

There has been a lot of conjecture over the Vince trade to get the draft pick that eventually secured him - and early days to make a definitive call yet - but at this stage the first round certainly goes to Adelaide's list management team. A calculated gamble looking good to pay off at this early stage.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:12 am

The whole MRP code is up the duff.

There is no logic in it and (like the recent NRL decision) it also seems dependent on injury outcome of the victim.

Evans (AFL GM) was interviewed by Hutchy on Sunday and he virtually said as much. They focus on the bump and other more sinister infractions seem irrelevant.

What Glass did is 10 times more reckless than what Douglas did and yet the game count is likely to be 3:1 the other way.

Another example yesterday, Roughead throws an elbow to the face of Selwood as he is running past him. No free, no report, no nothing maybe because it wasn't a "bump".

This is where the afl have all wrong in my opinion. If they think the Mums with footy playing sons only focus on bump outcomes and not the other stuff, then the afl is out of touch with reality in contact sport. They will focus on kids going down and not so much how they got there.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 am

Gingernuts wrote:Crouch has received this week's rising star nomination.

There has been a lot of conjecture over the Vince trade to get the draft pick that eventually secured him - and early days to make a definitive call yet - but at this stage the first round certainly goes to Adelaide's list management team. A calculated gamble looking good to pay off at this early stage.

And for those who question the talent in Adelaide's squad - Crouch's nomination makes 7 nominations in the two and a bit years that Sanderson has been coaching, second only to GWS with 12 during the same period.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:The whole MRP code is up the duff.

There is no logic in it and (like the recent NRL decision) it also seems dependent on injury outcome of the victim.

Evans (AFL GM) was interviewed by Hutchy on Sunday and he virtually said as much. They focus on the bump and other more sinister infractions seem irrelevant.

What Glass did is 10 times more reckless than what Douglas did and yet the game count is likely to be 3:1 the other way.

Another example yesterday, Roughead throws an elbow to the face of Selwood as he is running past him. No free, no report, no nothing maybe because it wasn't a "bump".

This is where the afl have all wrong in my opinion. If they think the Mums with footy playing sons only focus on bump outcomes and not the other stuff, then the afl is out of touch with reality in contact sport. They will focus on kids going down and not so much how they got there.

Agree with all of that Chambo.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 am

Gingernuts wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:Crouch has received this week's rising star nomination.

And for those who question the talent in Adelaide's squad - Crouch's nomination makes 7 nominations in the two and a bit years that Sanderson has been coaching, second only to GWS with 12 during the same period.

Don't worry about Sandersons coaching, worry about losing Matt Rendell out of the recruiting team.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:24 pm

No point worrying about things that are beyond your control Booney.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Gingernuts wrote:No point worrying about things that are beyond your control Booney.

True, but I would say it was Rendell's quality recruiting more than Sandersons coaching that should get that Rising Star nominations credits. Although, without a quality coach a good kid might fall by the way side.

While talking about Sando, I'm glad he realised the fore head and hole at the back was getting too big to cover and has decided to stick with the No 1 clipper all over. Laughing 
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Yes, the coaching caper certainly hasn't been kind to Sando's hair line that's for sure!

No doubt Rendell can take a lot of credit, wasn't attributing the nominations to Sanderson, just posting the stat as an observation.

Speaking of observations, interesting to see some Port fans ragging out on Douglas for his 'cheap shot' - Byron Pickett made a career of that sort of stuff back in the day and didn't the Alberton faithful love him for it!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Well yes, we did love it. Rhett Biglands thought he'd love a piece of it too. How wrong he was. Very Happy 

I also thought Neil Balme was pretty entertaining in his day and I'm sure Neil Kerley was a pleasure to stand.

That was then, this is now and there is no doubt the game is tougher than ever and I know you aren't saying that, you're highlighting one incident. One type of event. The modern day player has to be as hard as nails, I'd expect back in Balme and Kerl's day there was a handful on every side who wouldn't put their head over it. Not any longer.

But this wasn't tough, it was off the ball and it wasn't necessary. IMO. So, I think it was a cheap shot.

Bringing Pickett's record up is relevant, if you show me where he picked someone off out of the play.....in 2014. Wink 

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Fantasia could be back next year too.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next