2014 predictions?

 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

2014 predictions? Empty 2014 predictions?

Post by Paul on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Just where you think the 2 SA teams will finish?

On AFL 360 tonight, David King has both missing out on the 8. Mark McLure had Adelaide finishing 3rd  Shocked  and Port missing out.


I got Port at least equaling last year, possibly better. Close to top 4.
Adelaide - similar too, not quite in the 8.
Paul
Paul

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1717
Location : Whyalla
Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Gingernuts on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:55 pm

I know you're probably trying to keep a lid on things sapaul, but I think Adelaide will make the top 8 no problems this year (barring some kind of disasterous run with injury).

I reckon Port will also make the 8, don't think they're quite up to top 4 yet though.

Most likely result is both will make the bottom half of the top 8 IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by bayman on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 pm

i think both will be in the eight, more accurately both between 5th-8th, however i'd like to be proven wrong & they both miss out
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7466
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

I've got Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle fighting it out when we get to the pointy end.

I've got Collingwood, Geelong, Port, Adelaide, North Melbourne, Essendon and West Coast fighting for spots in the 8.

I think Richmond and Carlton will slip, I think Gold Coast will improve and I think Brisbane and the Bulldogs are ahead of Melbourne, St.Kilda and GWS.

I actually think GWS will finish ahead of St.Kilda with 3 or 4 wins this year.

I think Gold Coast could win 10 games and snaffle a couple of others to push for 8th spot with those mentioned above.

For the local teams, I think they will be very evenly matched on win/loss ratio at the end of the season.

Both will rely heavily on their #1 ruckman. Both will take time to make Adelaide Oval feel like home too.

Port 6th, Adelaide 8th.
Booney
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Gingernuts on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 am

I reckon Sydney are going to slide personally. On paper they shouldn't, but I just reckon the Buddy addition will actually do more harm than good. Their much lauded key forward targets in Tippett, Goodes & Franklin are all quite injury prone also.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Booney on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:07 am

They are indeed and they will be, if all fit, very top heavy.

I think they've shat in their own nest with the Tippett and Franklin deals.

Obviously the loss of recent Bolton, Mumford, White etc has opened up monies for them, but the likes of Jack (x2), Hannebery, Kennedy etc will surely command more money in their next deals. It's a very good group, without question, but I think what they've got now they'll have to work with for some time as they wont be in the free agency market for some time.

I guess they know what they have coming through the ranks as far as midfielders go.
Booney
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Scrunch on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:53 am

Port between 4-8

Adelaide to miss the 8
Scrunch
Scrunch

Join date : 2013-02-10
Posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by A Mum on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 am

I reckon (and hope) both will make the 8 ... looking forward to the season - let the games begin 2014 predictions? 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Join date : 2011-12-16
Posts : 2245
Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Ben W on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Port 4-8

Crows 9-12

I think Port are good enough to make the eight and I suspect that they will also be good enough to overhaul a few in the finals campaign. Whilst they have only played the one match this season, they seem to have plenty of run and pace in them and I think that is the best way to win the modern game. Young Ollie Wines seems to have really stepped up to the plate and you get the feeling that their current group of juniors now with some good game time between them are not far away from stepping up if not already.

As for the Crows the only reason I have them just missing is their injury concerns, they have copped some nasty injuries to key players to start the season with and with the two additional sides in the comp, I think early wins are now more crucial than ever.

For both of them it will be interesting to see how they go with translating their home ground advantage from Football Park to Adelaide Oval. My thoughts are that it will be more even for the other AFL sides in the beginning as Port Adelaide and Adelaide settle in to the ground but I think that both will soon acclimatize to it and gain the benefit of it as their matches build at that oval.
Ben W
Ben W

Join date : 2011-12-22
Posts : 1167
Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Paul on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Paul wrote:I got Port at least equaling last year, possibly better. Close to top 4.
Adelaide - similar too, not quite in the 8.

Gingernuts wrote:I know you're probably trying to keep a lid on things sapaul, but I think Adelaide will make the top 8 no problems this year (barring some kind of disasterous run with injury).

I reckon Port will also make the 8, don't think they're quite up to top 4 yet though.

Most likely result is both will make the bottom half of the top 8 IMO.

Think I did alright with my predictions Ginge Wink
Paul
Paul

Join date : 2012-02-02
Posts : 1717
Location : Whyalla
Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by bayman on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:17 am

bayman wrote:i think both will be in the eight, more accurately both between 5th-8th, however i'd like to be proven wrong & they both miss out

50%
bayman
bayman

Join date : 2012-02-05
Posts : 7466
Location : on a marx brothers set
Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Ben W on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Ben W wrote:Port 4-8

Crows 9-12

Not bad! 2014 predictions? 169538438
Ben W
Ben W

Join date : 2011-12-22
Posts : 1167
Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Paul wrote:
Paul wrote:I got Port at least equaling last year, possibly better. Close to top 4.
Adelaide - similar too, not quite in the 8.

Gingernuts wrote:I know you're probably trying to keep a lid on things sapaul, but I think Adelaide will make the top 8 no problems this year (barring some kind of disasterous run with injury).

I reckon Port will also make the 8, don't think they're quite up to top 4 yet though.

Most likely result is both will make the bottom half of the top 8 IMO.

Think I did alright with my predictions Ginge Wink

I think we were both right paulos. Our injury run wasn't disasterous, but was close. Laughing

Yes, fair effort with the predictions though. In fact everyone was pretty right.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Gingernuts on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Booney wrote:I've got Hawthorn, Sydney and Fremantle fighting it out when we get to the pointy end.

I've got Collingwood, Geelong, Port, Adelaide, North Melbourne, Essendon and West Coast fighting for spots in the 8.

I think Richmond and Carlton will slip, I think Gold Coast will improve and I think Brisbane and the Bulldogs are ahead of Melbourne, St.Kilda and GWS.

I actually think GWS will finish ahead of St.Kilda with 3 or 4 wins this year.

I think Gold Coast could win 10 games and snaffle a couple of others to push for 8th spot with those mentioned above.

For the local teams, I think they will be very evenly matched on win/loss ratio at the end of the season.

Both will rely heavily on their #1 ruckman. Both will take time to make Adelaide Oval feel like home too.

Port 6th, Adelaide 8th.

Just going back over these - gees Booney, you were all over it mate! Only slightly off with Richmond & Geelong, but otherwise bang on the money with the rest.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Join date : 2012-02-01
Posts : 2493
Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Booney on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Yeah, I read that last night and was pretty happy with it!

Booney
Booney

Join date : 2011-12-12
Posts : 1984
Location : Alberton.....literally.
Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

2014 predictions? Empty Re: 2014 predictions?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 :: AFL :: SA in the AFL

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum