Australia: The Biggest Oil Discovery In 50 Years at Coober Pedy

2 posters

Go down

Australia: The Biggest Oil Discovery In 50 Years at Coober Pedy Empty Australia: The Biggest Oil Discovery In 50 Years at Coober Pedy

Post by firstblood Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:10 am

In a virtually uninhabitable section of South Australia, a discovery has been made which could rock the world.  Some are calling it the biggest discovery of oil in 50 years.  Earlier this year, a company called Linc Energy announced that tests had revealed that there was a minimum of 3.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent sitting under more than 65,000 square kilometres of land that it owns in the Arckaringa Basin.  But that is the minimum number.  It has been projected that there could ultimately be up to 233 billion barrels of recoverable oil in the area.  If that turns out to be accurate, the oil sitting under that land is worth approximately 20 trillion dollars, and it would be roughly equivalent to the total amount of oil sitting under the sands of Saudi Arabia.  In essence, it would be a massive game changer.

If the 233 billion barrel figure is accurate (and some have even suggested that the true number could actually be 400 billion barrels), that would make it nearly 10 times larger than the Bakken formation, 17 times larger than the Marcellus discovery and 80 times larger than the Eagle Ford deposit down in Texas.

It would also mean that Australia now has more “black gold” than the nations of Iran, Iraq, Canada and Venezuela.

Read more click HERE
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Australia: The Biggest Oil Discovery In 50 Years at Coober Pedy Empty Re: Australia: The Biggest Oil Discovery In 50 Years at Coober Pedy

Post by Lee Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks, FB, I think this was in the papers a couple of weeks ago.

I love the unbiased commentary on the site you've linked to. The two comments are gems:D 
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down