FOOTYfollower
UncleHuey
Gingernuts
9 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port Empty Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:43 pm

Tough matchup for Adelaide this week at home against Geelong. Far from being a fortress, AAMI has not been a happy hunting ground for the Crows this year with some very disappointing losses. Geelong's record at the ground however is also less than envious.

Dangerfield is obviously a massive out, but on the flipside it looks like Grigg is finally going to get his chance.

I have no idea why I'm saying this, but I can sniff an upset here. I don't know what it is.

Adelaide by 4 points.

As for the Port game, well if they are to play finals they MUST win this one. The Hoff is back this week which will be a welcome addition, but the loss of Cornes may hurt as they try and match up on the seasoned campaigners in the Saints midfield. I think they will do the job though.

Port by 18 points.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port Empty Re: Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Whie it is nice to be optimistic I don't think Adelaide will get within a bulls roar of the Cats. Geelong by 5 goals in a canter I'm afraid.

This is the sort of game the power mut win if they want to play finals. Must beat the lower teams or you end up like Richmond and always finish ninth.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port Empty Re: Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port

Post by FOOTYfollower Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:22 pm

Port struggle at Etihad, it will be close to a 50/50 game.

Geelong to win by 22 points, although an upset not completely out of the question.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Booney Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:22 am

Port should be too strong in the midfield rotations for St.Kilda. Cornes is a loss but Moore and Wines are both capable of doing a stopping job on the St.Kilda mids.

I think we have more scoring options and will be more focussed on kicking the ball this week and moving into the forward 50 with some purpose. Last week against Hawthorn we handballed far too much and gave the ball up far too often. I expect that to change this week.

I think Port will be primed for this one after a pretty strong month of footy and see this as the first step of securing a finals spot over the next 3 weeks. Port by 42 points.

Not sure where the feeling of an upset is coming from Ginge, but I cant see it happening.

We all know how Geelong play with midfield pressure, Adelaide have crumbled under that this year.

It will be wet and a slow deck, but Geelong I think will be far too good. Geelong 33 points.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:25 am

Sober as a judge when I posted that last night too! Laughing 

Still have an inkling. I haven't tipped Adelaide of course but we've jumped the Cats on a few occasions at AAMI over the last couple of years.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am

No point being negative BC, it's not good for your health! Laughing 

In all seriousness I used to get pretty wound up about footy actually, but I find appreciate the game more for the games sake these days rather than being so focussed on results.

I get a lot of enjoyment in particular from watching the development of the younger players, and there's still been plenty of that this year! Hopefully we get a look a Grigg this weekend, he's been slaying it for the Leggies.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Usual different rules for Adelaide in the first quarter.

Adelaide playing OK, but they complicate things so much. They play wide and can't kick for goal consequently.

I'm liking several of their players for the future. Though.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Lot to like about Adelaide's game so far.

Geelong go straight down the middle, no fuss, very effective.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 pm

That is a wonderful win.

A lot of very good players.  Henderson terrific, as was Sloane, Crouch, Douglas, Jacobs and many, many others.

Wright kicked a few, Lynch good and I thought it eas the best game for a while for Vince.

Scott Thompson was subbed off at three quarter time but I thought Mitch Grigg looked very promising.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Woooo Hoooo !!! Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port 1920501681 

What an awesome win/game.

GN You nearly had it spot on!..lol.  Very Happy

PS: I love how animated Dangerfield and Walker were in the stands..lol.
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:39 pm

GN great call

What a win, full of spirit and plenty of youngsters.

Well done to some of the lesser lights Tambling Shocked , Brown and Ottens

Little Lairdy, what a champion
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Told you I could sniff an upset! Yew! Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port 1920501681 
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Geelong has 'stopped' 2 or 3 times this year, is fitness a problem or are they doing the 'extra training' ?? as for the other hand that would be a character building win

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:56 am

I haven't actually seen the whole game yet as I was tied up at a family function yesterday, but from reading the press today it seems that a few players put in breakout performances yesterday.

It's great to see Henderson finally get locked into a position across half back. He has been superb since going their on a permanent basis around 3 weeks ago and they should leave him there. Speed, agility, height, and the balls to back himself and break the lines - everything you need in a man playing loose across half back.

Another is Tom Lynch, I am really impressed with this young man. He has had a big influence on several games this year, works so hard and never lets the head drop. Superb across half forward, will be a great linkman/high goal kicking forward for us.

In many ways this year has been a bit of a disaster, but through it all the steady injection and development of youth has been maintained and for this reason I am still very confident that we are on the right track to becoming a great outfit.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:10 am

Yes - it's really great to see these young players develop.

As some of the commentary team were saying - if Tippet had not gone - if Walker were not injured - some wouldn't even be seeing game time. So out of the bad has come some good.

Lets hope it's an onward and upward ride.

Adelaide v Geelong & St Kilda v Port 2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down