North Korea and South Korea

3 posters

Go down

North Korea and South Korea Empty North Korea and South Korea

Post by firstblood Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 am

Tensions are building but is it all just talk and threats from the North? This could be a very dangerous time not only for South Korea but the world.

firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

North Korea and South Korea Empty Re: North Korea and South Korea

Post by bayman Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm

the fact that China has said something makes me believe it isn't 'just flexing their respective muscles' there is more to it than that & this bloke had Dennis Rodman with him last week Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Here is my view for what its worth,

North Korea do not have a central economy, they have no exports and people starve on a regular basis in their country whilst their rulers live in luxury. Its been this way since the end of the Korean War.

North Korea survives by Sabre Rattling, they get up and carry on, make threats and so on and the United Nations then give them some money and they shut up for a while, then when the funds run out they begin another round of testing or whatever they think will get the most attention, because it hasn't been working in recent times they have had to begin directly threatening people in the United States with an attack to try and get some media attention.

Added to the current problem is the death of the previous dictator and now his son is attempting to win over his fathers supporters in the military who call for this type of thing to justify their own positions.

The problem at present is with the Global Financial Crisis, any funds the world bank have are being used to fund the Euro crisis and to try and deal with what is coming in Spain now that Cyprus has fallen into problems suggesting Spain are next. As a result there is no real funds to give payments to North Korea with, and their allies in Russia and China have no interest in being benevolent towards them.

Likely all the western world can really do is ignore them until it reaches a point where ASIO styled information suggests its a real possibility that they are going to try and carry out what they have threatened. At which point likely they will have to carry out a pre-emptive strike on their reactors, weapons and specific individuals seem as threats.

My main concern is not North Korea, but the Chinese suddenly discovering that their lack of action over North Korea has led to Japan getting Nuclear Weapons of their own to defend themselves along with South Korea and China then becoming no longer the superpower of Asia, leading to another arms race and cold war style behavior throughout Asia, that wont be good for China, nor for anyone else.

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down