bayman
testy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Gingernuts
Booney
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

September 14 it is - the next Federal Election - Page 2 Empty Re: September 14 it is - the next Federal Election

Post by Lee Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm

No, mate, I don' t have any time for him at all. I just believe in the concept of the presumption of innocence. I also have great suspicion about the role of the police, Liberal State Governments and the Murdoch press with this. It's rare for someone in this position to be arrested in such a public fashion.

Just a question, mate. Will the scrapping of the Schoolkids Bonus affect you and if you have a mortgage, have the reductions in interest rates helped.

To give you a free kick, though, what will Mr Abbott do to improve your situation (and mine).
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

September 14 it is - the next Federal Election - Page 2 Empty Re: September 14 it is - the next Federal Election

Post by Lee Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Perceptions are often formed from headlines and short grabs. When Rupert Murdoch is backing you, there isn't much scrutiny.

Mr Howard took us to war on a lie and was a much higher taxing PM than the current government, who have also had to deal with a hung parliament and a Global Financial crisis, as well as much lower revenue.

In those circumstances, low inflation, low interest rates, low unemployment, low debt, good growth and a Triple AAA credit rating is fact and a credit to good government.

That doesn't get written about much.

Has the PM got good political judgement? No.

Has she delivered a good economic result? Undoubtedly.

Which do I prefer? Guess Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Southee Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:31 pm

waddayamean wrote:Interesting points R&B . I think most people forget the mess Howard left this country in. A survey recently of the "best' PM's had him as the best. I broke 3 ribs laughing .

Really??? Howard was a King compared to what is in there now. Best we had.....but Im a Liberal voter and it's obvious you and R&B are the otherside.....so it is a no win argument. (ohhhh the political discussions are back!!! Shocked )

Ill get back to you R&B on your question.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks, Southee.

It's nice to be able to be able to discuss these things with respect for each others views.

I agree with you that John Howard didn't leave us in a mess. My problem with him, amongst other things, was his middle and upper income welfare. Mr Abbott is headed down the same track with his Schoolkids Bonus being abolished and scrubbing super assistance for very low income workers, while no doubt increasing super contributions limits for the very well off.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 pm

being a swinging voter the 2 points r&b makes with the schoolkids & super has swung me back towards the Government at the moment
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 pm

I remember getting this in an email from ACTU when Howard introduced Workchoices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khp7CVpufRE

Is it not me or is Abbott sounding very similar?

Mind you, I found this very funny at the time.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:31 pm

To confirm my thoughts about the events surrounding the arrest of Craig Thompson, police now admit they were wrong when they said he failed to turn up on Melbourne to be arrested.

His lawyer was right, that was totally incorrect.

Media everywhere on a 'tip-off', but we all know Rupert Murdoch would never do anything wrong to get information from police, don't we? September 14 it is - the next Federal Election - Page 2 2678737410
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 pm

The Coalition has 'leaked' a Discussion Paper about building 100 dams in Australia.

There's suddenly a huge spread about it, in detail, in the News Ltd press.

Mr Murdoch is really going flat out to get his preferred candidate up.

Of course, The Australian managed to report on President Obama's State of the Union speech and just happened to leave out the major bit about the US moving to a carbon price.

Just forgetful, of course Wink
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 am

I stated my unease about the role of the police in Liberal State Governments in Victoria and NSW in the Thompson and Slipper cases, where normal procedure was changed to highlight those cases, including prosecution where it doesn't normally happen in Slipper's case and strip-searching and a media drum in Thompson's case.

I notice this week the Nsw police not only turned up at a Tony Abbott media doorstop, but spoke in support.

The police have always kept clear of involvement in party politics, which is how it should be.

I think these events raise very disturbing questions.

It probably doesn't concern too many people, but it should.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2