Did I dream about that TV show being on.....

+3
firstblood
FOOTYfollower
C.K
7 posters

Go down

Did I dream about that TV show being on..... Empty Did I dream about that TV show being on.....

Post by C.K Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am

Always had vague memories of a TV show when I was a kid called "Jennifer Slept Here", and thought Ann Jillian was in it, but couldn't find any evidence of it until the other day finally, which ended thoughts that my imagination had run away with me for years.

Are there any other TV shows that you thought you watched as a kid that have faded in memory over time and you need to check to make sure the memory isn't playing up?
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Did I dream about that TV show being on..... Empty Re: Did I dream about that TV show being on.....

Post by FOOTYfollower Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 pm

I think that Anne Jillian show used to be on a bit a few years back during the lunchbreak of the cricket (same as "Newhart"), going back to days before "The Cricket Show". Was she (Jillian's character" a ghost or something?

Does anyone remember a show called "Julia", I think it starred Dianne Carroll. Her character's son's best friend's name was "Earl J Wagedorn" or something like that. A Doctor was featured in the show a bit, presumably because Julia was a Nurse at the Hospital.

One show I can recall watching years ago was "Beachcombers", which I think was Canadian, watched it a lot during school holidays. Was on the ABC.

Another show from yesteryear (mid/late 80's) was called "Lottery", was early on a Saturday evening. I quite enjoyed it, featured storylines based on characters who had won the big prize. The recurring character was the guy who worked for the Lottery company who was fortunate enough to have the job of telling the winners the good news.

I have asked people at various times if they recall any of the above shows, I guess they are a bit too obscure/old for anyone to remember.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Did I dream about that TV show being on..... Empty Re: Did I dream about that TV show being on.....

Post by firstblood Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

The many loves of Dobie Gilles.
The series revolved around teenager Dobie Gillis (Dwayne Hickman), who aspired to have popularity, money, and the attention of beautiful and unattainable girls. He didn't have any of these qualities in abundance, and the tiny crises surrounding Dobie's lack of success made the story in each weekly episode. His partner-in-crime was American television's first beatnik, Maynard G. Krebs (Bob Denver) later to star in Gilligans Island.

That Girl.
Ann Marie is a struggling actress living in New York City. In between trying to find jobs acting and modeling she has time for her boyfriend, Don Hollinger.

The Patty Duke Show
Theme song was...Their cousins, identical cousins. Smile

Leave it to Beaver

Dennis the menace

Rawhide

Wagon Train

Homicide

Division 4

Matlock (Police)

An oldie but a goodie...Number 96

The Box

Friday nights with Deadly Earnest

BP's Pick a box

Pot of Gold

Cop Shop

Combat

Dick Tracy cartoons

The Mickey Mouse Club

I could go on but i'm showing my age. Smile

firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm

there was an afternoon show that was on before day night cricket matches {the only time we have the tv on at work} & there was a lot of shouting, dream sequences & a baby that turned into a doll during many of the episodes, i have no idea what it was called but i'm sure there was hardly a storyline.........anyone know what it was called

as a kid the cartoons i loved were

Milton the Monster

Batfink {& Karate}

The Wacky Races {i still can't understand why Professor Pat Pending could change the shape of his car & Dick Dastardly was disqualified for doing the same}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgt Bilko

Perry Mason

The Fugitive

The Invaders

Ironside

Jake & The Fat Man

Threes Company
& its English predecessor

Man About The House

Father Dear Father

all the various Lucy Shows

plus redandblacks favourite

Leave It To Beaver

the Flash Gordon serials

Batman {Adam West}

Superman {George Reeves}

and as they say in the classics ''there are many many more''

ff, i remember ''Beachcombers'' & iirc one of the actors had a Merv Hughes' type of mustache

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Don't forget 'Crusader Rabbit' Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:51 pm

And Scooby Doooooooooooo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

As well as Mr McGooooooooooooo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Ah mcgoo you've done it again........
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

bayman wrote:ff, i remember ''Beachcombers'' & iirc one of the actors had a Merv Hughes' type of mustache

I think I recall that actor/character, bayman, from memory he was a bit of a grouchy type.

Can anyone else remember "Sweet and Sour" that was on the ABC, circa 1984. Starred one of the Reyne brothers, from memory. Musical/Drama type of show.

Around the same time, the ABC had a drama called "Home" - was a gritter version of Home and Away, which commenced 4 or so years later on ch 7.

Did anyone watch the tv version of "The Fugitive" with David Janssen? I'm not old enough to remember when it was on originally, but I watched it when ch 10 showed it in the early 90's around 10.30 each weeknight. Really good show. Everyone just seems to refer to the early 90's movie version though.

"Richmond Hill" was on ch 10 circa 1988, anyone else watch it? Was taken off air after 1 season, and effectively replaced with E Street. Richmond Hill was a bit of a mixture of "Neighbours" and "Blue Heelers". Not a bad show, I was a little disappointed when it was taken off air.

Another obscure show i watched was "tvtv", which was on the ABC about 20 years ago. Aired at the same time as the 6 oclock news on the commercial networks though, so was always doomed to fail.

I enjoyed the concept behind this show ("The Great TV Game Show", with Richard Stubbs) in the late 1980's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0p5W4kNU_U (not sure if we can post links on here??). Unfortunately show didn't last long.

FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Another one I've just thought of is "Gentle Ben" starring a bear, and Ron Howard's brother, Clint.

How about some (lesser known) mini series - "I can Jump Puddles"; "1915". Both ABC shows from memories.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 pm

The Fugitive was a must see every week at my house... i can't remember if there was an actual ending to that series and if all worked out ok for the fugitve, It did in the remake movie made just a few years ago

Bonanza was also a popular western to watch.

Gidjet, played by Sally Fields

firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

firstblood wrote:The Fugitive was a must see every week at my house... i can't remember if there was an actual ending to that series and if all worked out ok for the fugitve, It did in the remake movie made just a few years ago

Bonanza was also a popular western to watch.

Gidjet, played by Sally Fields

Try 20 years ago FB. Geez, you guys are...

well...

old... Laughing
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 am

firstblood wrote:The Fugitive was a must see every week at my house... i can't remember if there was an actual ending to that series and if all worked out ok for the fugitve, It did in the remake movie made just a few years ago

I can't remember the exact ending, but it had something to do with him being chased and then climbing up a really high tower.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:38 am

FOOTYfollower wrote:

I can't remember the exact ending, but it had something to do with him being chased and then climbing up a really high tower.

This is all i could find about the finale... A doctor is falsely convicted of his wife's murder and sentenced to death, but then he escapes and roams the country as a wanted man, searching for the true killer. And what an even greater conclusion: the series' two-part finale aired August 22 and 29, 1967; at the time, the second half was the the most watched TV episode in history (it was later surpassed by Dallas' "Who Shot J.R.?" episode in 1980). The doctor, Richard Kimble, tracks down his wife's murderer (the famous "one-armed man") but is then caught by the police detective who has been chasing him throughout the entire series. Kimble convinces the police to let him prove his innocence, which he does via the killers' last minute confession during a shootout at an abandoned amusement park. In the end, 25.7 million households watched Dr. Kimble go free.

And this on Youtube... mind you, in our day, it was black and white tv. Smile

firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:08 am

I probably would't have liked it as much if it was in black and white Smile Fortunately when I watched it in early 90's it was in color Smile

Anyone remember the Flash Gordon show that was on 30 or so years ago. I didn't mind that.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am

How is this for a list? Smile

12 O'Clock High
Adam 12
Addams Family
Andy Williams Show
The Avengers
Batman
Phyllis Diller Show
Ben Casey
Benny Hill Show
The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
The Big Valley
Bing Crosby Show
The Brady Bunch
Bugs Bunny Show
Car 54 Where Are You
Carol Burnett Show
Courtship Of Eddie's Father
Daktari
Daniel Boone
Days of Our Lives
The Dean Martin Show
Debbie Reynolds Show
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Doctor Who
Doris Day Show
Dr. Kildare
F Troop
Family Affair
Gomer Pyle USMC
Green Acres
Hawaii Five-0
Hazel
High Chaparral
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeannie
I Spy
Ironside
It Takes A Thief
It's About Time
The Jetsons
Julia
Land of the Giants
Laredo
Lost In Space
Love American Style
Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Mannix
Marcus Welby
McHale's Navy
The Mod Squad
The Monkees
Whiplash
Voyage To Bottom Of Sea
Time Tunnel
Surfside 6
Rowan/Martin's Laugh-In
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Petticoat Junction
The Outer Limits
My Three Sons
My Mother the Car
The Munsters
Mr. Ed
Fawlty Towers
Charlie's Angels
Chico & the Man
CHiPs
The Love Boat
The Odd Couple
Happy Days
77 Sunset Strip
The Honeymooners (one of my favourites with Jackie Gleeson)
Reg Lyndsay's country and western hour.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 am

There's some memories there, FB.

I'll work my way down the list gradually.

The Avengers: Patrick McNee(?), with the bowler hat and umbrella was good, but........

Diana Rigg Did I dream about that TV show being on..... 1707509332
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 pm

FOOTYfollower wrote:I probably would't have liked it as much if it was in black and white Smile Fortunately when I watched it in early 90's it was in color Smile

Anyone remember the Flash Gordon show that was on 30 or so years ago. I didn't mind that.

i remember the original Flash Gordon from the 1930's with 'Buster Crabb' as its star
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 pm

I wish one of the channel's would bring back the Tarzan tv show from the 1960's, starring Ron Ely, I enjoyed that show as a kid.

FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Ben Casey was the just about the first of the hospital drama shows.

IIRC, the lead actor (can't remember his name) had a very approving female following.

I think Dr Kildare came along soon after.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Hazel with Shirley Booth
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down