Brucetiki
howthewestwaswon
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
9 posters

Go down

school reunions  Empty school reunions

Post by bayman Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 pm

has anyone ever been to a school reunion ?

if yes, what were your impressions etc ?

if not, would you guys like to go to a school reunion ? if someone from your respective schools organized one

Last edited by bayman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

school reunions  Empty Re: school reunions

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Yep been to about 3 in 30 years.
One every 10 years is ok, but there seems to be a push with mine to have a get together every year. Not sure I'm into that.

Your last line Bayman, sounds like you are inviting us to one! Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Yep been to about 3 in 30 years.
One every 10 years is ok, but there seems to be a push with mine to have a get together every year. Not sure I'm into that.

Your last line Bayman, sounds like you are inviting us to one! Very Happy

edited for you chambo
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Seemed to be a 'jocks only' 10-year reunion for my graduating class this year. I only found out about it because of my best mate who asked me if I was going when I didn't get an invite!

I reckon only the 50 most popular students got together out of a class of 200+. I don't think I missed much, even if it has been 10 years!

School provided me with my certificate and that's about it. I disconnected as soon as they let me go! Very Happy

Last edited by howthewestwaswon on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making more sense!)
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:16 pm

I was the same howthewestwaswon. Still have a couple of real close mates from my school days, and a few are 'Facebook friends', but that's about it.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 am

Facebook is a school reunion isn't it? Laughing

Never been to a school reunion - but yes have recently added some 'old' school friends on Facebook - friends that although have lived their lives and you've not really seen them, but ones that you're never forget. Not sure I need to see the other ones. I doubt I'd go if I was invited toan actual school reunion.

Funny thing is I went to many primary schools and 5 high schools (that's what happens when your step father is a shearer) - however I really only consider 1 school as 'my' school - did 2 stints there - started primary school there leaving in year 2 - and then went there from Year 5 to Year 9. The other schools were just schools.

school reunions  2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am

I went to my 10 year reunion 5 years ago.

I was a very interesting and amusing experience. It's funny how the same pecking order returns - I reckon within half an hour the 'cool' group of girls were off giggling away in the corner like they were school kids again.

It gave me great satisfaction to witness the 'popular' people from my class desperately trying to recapture what will most likely be the high point of their lives (i.e. it's all been downhill for them since graduation).

It was very enjoyable catching up with old school teachers, and also getting a tour of the school which has changed a heap since I went there.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Did any one notice at any reunion that the ugliest girl (or boy for our female members) in school turned out to be a bit more of an ok?. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Hahaha. That quite often happens FB.

Also quite often the best looking girls/boys end up letting things go too. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

A Mum wrote:Facebook is a school reunion isn't it? Laughing

Never been to a school reunion - but yes have recently added some 'old' school friends on Facebook - friends that although have lived their lives and you've not really seen them, but ones that you're never forget. Not sure I need to see the other ones. I doubt I'd go if I was invited toan actual school reunion.

Funny thing is I went to many primary schools and 5 high schools (that's what happens when your step father is a shearer) - however I really only consider 1 school as 'my' school - did 2 stints there - started primary school there leaving in year 2 - and then went there from Year 5 to Year 9. The other schools were just schools.

school reunions  2829010660

Certainly is in my case. I have a large portion of old schoolmates on there, as well as a few old teachers. Funnily enough, one of my old teachers is only a few years older than me, and we ended up watching a SANFL game with a group of his mates a few months back.

A pity he wasn't an English teacher. His powers of description, ability to add colour to the situation and speedy analysis was worthy of leading the English faculty, and was one of the most fun days I've ever had at the footy.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Went to my 20 year one last year. I did Year 12 in 1991.

It was good actually. I had a great night. Some people that were supposed to go did a no show but other than that it was fun.

So funny talking about kids now and schools etc.....to talking about the next party to go too!!

I also enjoyed a few of the boys singing the South Adelaide club song to me on the night when they had a few beers as I was captain of the school footy team and the only South supporter at the school that was game enough to wear a South jumper at training.

Still got told on the night "Man.....I felt sorry for you you poor bastard!!"......I guess they still do now!! Laughing

Seriously, go to it as it is interesting how people turn out. You only live once so got nothing to lose Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Reunion Hypotheticals

What do you say to;

1. The girl who you got 'up close and personal' with at school who has turned into some metal-faced gothic oddity?

2. The school footy captain who always was with the hot girls, but is now 25 stone, bald and lacks the majority of his teeth?

3. The pimply faced girl you always thought was on the wrong side of ugly, but has turned into Jennifer Hawkins?

4. The school bully who made your life hell, but now wants to be your best friend?

5. People who come up to you and turn their head sideways when sizing you up and say "Boy, what happened to you?"
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 am

Ha! Let's see:

1. I never got up close and personal with any girl, so no problem there.

2. I wouldn't say anything, I would just snigger to myself

3. I would appreciate her beauty from a distance

4. I'd have a chat, I don't really hold grudges

5. I'd respond with "the same thing that happened to you"
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content