boxer HECTOR COMACHO on life support

Go down

boxer HECTOR COMACHO on life support  Empty boxer HECTOR COMACHO on life support

Post by bayman Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 pm

i heard this on Sky Racing tonight so i copied & pasted the 'wiki' update, on Sky they said that they were considering switching off the life support but didn't know whether that has happened or not

On November 20, 2012, around 7 p.m. AST, Camacho was shot one time in the face while in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Several news agencies are reporting that Camacho, 50, was seated in the passenger seat of a Ford Mustang when he was shot by unknown individuals from a passing car. The owner-driver of the car, friend, Adrian Mojica Moreno,[16] a childhood friend of Camacho, was killed in the attack. According to El Nuevo Herald, Camacho was taken to San Pablo Hospital in Bayamón, where he was then reported to be in critical condition.[17] Police said a chase took place and that the van from which the shots were fired was found in the area of Jardines de Cataño. There are conflicting reports, with an earlier claim that police arrested a suspect around 9 p.m. AST.[18][19] At one point, doctors announced that Camacho was expected to survive but could be paralyzed,[20] but after suffering a cardiac arrest during the night, they said his cerebral activity was very low. [21]

The morning after the shooting, Rafael Rodríguez Mercado, rector of the Medical Sciences Campus, had confirmed to El Nuevo Día that Camacho was brain dead. "His full recovery would be a miracle, medically there is nothing more that can be done," confirmed Rodríguez Mercado.[22] However, that same afternoon, Ernesto Torres, director of the hospital, informed that there was still "minimal, although irregular and intermittent" brain activity. The next morning, Torres said Camacho was "clinically brain dead".[23]

Police investigating the incident say they found nine small bags of cocaine in Mojica's possession, with a tenth bag open inside the car where Camacho was shot.[16]
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down