"News Feed"

2 posters

Go down

"News Feed" Empty "News Feed"

Post by Squawk Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Is it possible to have a "News Feed" - a place designated for official news released via club emails; websites; media releases; official Facebook/Twitter pages etc?

During footy season there must a few stories a day - it would be nice to have a single "go to"place where you can see all the news in one single place without having to 'surf around' all over the internet, when time permits!

Perhaps a News Feed could last for "one week at a time"? Say Monday-Sunday each week? This would save the feed being too long. If you set up a News Feed as a stand alone section, it would also make searching very easy.

I acknowledge that to some extent "Breaking News" might fulfil some of this - but I see "News Feed" as being all the news as it comes out, not just the news that (in the poster's opinion) equates to being "breaking" news.

I'd also suggest that the News Feed was for information only, and not a place for commentary to take place. Any commentary could be initiated under a separate topic in the appropriate area of the site.

For your consideration.... Very Happy
Squawk
Squawk

Back to top Go down

"News Feed" Empty Re: "News Feed"

Post by Lee Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 am

Thanks S. Good suggestion, totally agree and we actually were already working on it, especially arranging media releases, etc.

We'll keep you posted.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

"News Feed" Empty Re: "News Feed"

Post by Lee Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm

There's now a forum topic "News Feed'.

Thanks for the suggestion, Squawk.
Lee
Lee

My club : west