No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games...

Go down

No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games... Empty No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games...

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:47 pm

Until further notice after an announcement by the SANFL this afternoon due to Coronavirus protocols.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games... Empty Re: No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games...

Post by southern bulldog on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:03 pm

If the SANFL season goes ahead without supporters i fear for the future of some clubs.Financially the clubs including mine may not survive into 2021 .Those of us who are true SANFL supporters who love their club this would be devastating.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games... Empty Re: No spectators at SANFL and SANFLW games...

Post by UncleHuey on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Just after I got my season ticket in the post.

Can we go to Panther Park if we promise to stay in our cars? If so we should organise a beer delivery service.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Season now postponed until May 31.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:52 pm

I hope someone can put together some competition-wide scheme or fund to help all clubs get through this period.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 pm

The biggest danger is that people get used to doing without it.

A one-off payment from the SANFL to each club is warranted, but they look at their own bottom line first and foremost. More income might be lost by reduced patronage for gaming and bar, regardless of the games.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Admin wrote:Season now postponed until May 31.

Whats the bet the season doesn't go ahead at all?
The SANFL update says 'no training' is advised until 31 May.
The SANFL know the season will be abandoned, they just don't want to announce it now.  It will be easier for people to accept the news in June when they've been used to having no footy for 3 months already.  If they came out and said it now there would be an uproar.  There will be no uproar in June.
Unfortunately most, if not all clubs will be in financial trouble.

We all have to remember that the normal flu season will be bearing down on us as well in a few months.
firstblood
firstblood

http://chaletos.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:44 pm

It will be interesting to see what belt-tightening will be made by the SANFL, not just by the clubs.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Segall on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:57 pm

They already have a viral treatment which is about a month away, although not a cure, if the spread is contained over the next few weeks you'd think be 31 May should be okay to go
Ty Segall
Ty Segall

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Segall on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm

I thought i might revise my previous post. I have been told that the SANFL have advised each club that the SANFL season is unlikely to go ahead at this stage.
Ty Segall
Ty Segall

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum