the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

+15
bayman
Flag No.10
fatty
oldfella
whybother
spell_check
Super Gonz
Scrunch
Thiele
Big Phil
rocket_rooster
IAmTheWarrior
UncleHuey
Scrappy
southern bulldog
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the coaching roundabout...who's available ? Empty the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

Post by bayman Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 pm

with now two clubs needing a new coach who would be on the shortlists of both clubs ?

barring any other afl gigs coming up  i'd suggest the other 6 sanfl clubs would not be changing coach, with Central although highly unlikely they would be the only other one given the longevity he's (Roy Laird) had could feel stale & need a change or break from it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

the coaching roundabout...who's available ? Empty Re: the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 pm

It's strange how two walk into the crow's
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

the coaching roundabout...who's available ? Empty Re: the coaching roundabout...who's available ?

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Aren't the crows looking for an sanfl coach
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Lairdy will stay on, however i think if we continue to play the rubbish footy we have been and have a poor start & poor season questions will be asked.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:14 am

southern bulldog wrote:Lairdy will stay on, however i think if we continue to play the rubbish footy we have been and have a poor start & poor season  questions will be asked.

At least you have a poor season Eagles Play a good season get to the finals and go walkabout . It gets really pathetic reading posts on how the Eagles always choke .
By fans of teams the Eagles beat or who don't make finals .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 am

I recommend Benjamin Warren as a coach
Perhaps Sturt should ?
Seems to be better than an assistant coach in my opinion
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:50 pm

mickyj wrote:
southern bulldog wrote:Lairdy will stay on, however i think if we continue to play the rubbish footy we have been and have a poor start & poor season  questions will be asked.

At least you have a poor season Eagles Play a good season get to the finals and go walkabout . It gets really pathetic reading posts on how the Eagles always choke .

Surely it has to be a concern. Eagles have been a finals fixture for a decade and only have 1 premiership to show for it.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:00 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Surely it has to be a concern. Eagles have been a finals fixture for a decade and only have 1 premiership to show for it.

Uncle Huey & I would know as we’ve been through it at the bay, has to be a concern & until a premiership happens questions & “chocking” comments will occur frequently

For the record I think they would have beaten Norwood last week too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:07 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Uncle Huey how do you think Eagles fans feel keyboard warriors keep reminding Eagles Fans how much the side choke . Most of those Fans teams don't make the finals .
Just thinking sideways coaching staff all go ( rumours) New coach New players New Game plan things might change
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:30 pm

I’ll say this they definitely didn’t choke when West beat them, that game was lost when a ruckman & two midfielders were out injured....no side “chokes” as such, most times it’s a case of one team just being good enough on the day....Sturt 2002 readily comes to mind
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:41 pm

bayman wrote:I’ll say this they definitely didn’t choke when West beat them, that game was lost when a ruckman & two midfielders were out injured....no side “chokes” as such, most times it’s a case of one team just being good enough on the day....Sturt 2002 readily comes to mind

Ahh the game I had to Google after my Injury I was there but it's gone .
I'm not saying the Eagles choke just the keyboard warriors do now they keep bringing up 19 th man and laugh .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:45 am

The Eagles should do everything in their power to get Mick McGuane to come and coach them. His record as a coach in country and suburban footy is great and the system he’s putting in place at Keillor (development from juniors to seniors integrated) is going to make them one of the best clubs in the country. He has an amazing footy brain and would be the coach to end the choke for sure. (Btw- just on the choke- having started my footy watching in the late 70s and early 80s i’d Much rather get to the finals every year even if we don’t get the flag than not).
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:40 am

I agree about his football brain but if they were to go for him they’d need to get a tab agency back into oval avenue
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 am

IAmTheWarrior wrote:The Eagles should do everything in their power to get Mick McGuane to come and coach them. His record as a coach in country and suburban footy is great and the system he’s putting in place at Keillor (development from juniors to seniors integrated) is going to make them one of the best clubs in the country. He has an amazing footy brain and would be the coach to end the choke for sure.  (Btw- just on the choke- having started my footy watching in the late 70s and early 80s i’d Much rather get to the finals every year even if we don’t get the flag  than not).

I'm sick of the keyboard warriors all year going on how the Eagles choke
I started watching footy 1975 I prefer Finals to winning zero to 1 games a year
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 am

mickyj wrote:
IAmTheWarrior wrote:The Eagles should do everything in their power to get Mick McGuane to come and coach them. His record as a coach in country and suburban footy is great and the system he’s putting in place at Keillor (development from juniors to seniors integrated) is going to make them one of the best clubs in the country. He has an amazing footy brain and would be the coach to end the choke for sure.  (Btw- just on the choke- having started my footy watching in the late 70s and early 80s i’d Much rather get to the finals every year even if we don’t get the flag  than not).

That won’t stop until they win one, i for one have never said they choke I have only stated from the games I’ve seen (I go to neutral games so I have seen them more than twice in the minor round) that they are not ruthless enough & do not kill off teams
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:05 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

That won’t stop until they win one, i for one have never said they choke I have only stated from the games I’ve seen (I go to neutral games so I have seen them more than twice in the minor round) that they are not ruthless enough & do not kill off teams

Believe it or not I wasn't meaning you Bayman .
I didn't wish to run my side down but heck I wanted them to kill off teams.
Defensive footy works but there appeared to be no plan b.
Whatever reason the eags couldn't take that step 2015/16 was injuries and not enough back up . 2018/17 there was nothing the forwards didn't always fire and I dunno a great defense is awesome but you must score more than the other side and stay in front in the finals .
I like Godden great guy
He was a far better people person than Fuller
One keyboard warrior description I'd best gods turned into Fuller light.
Besides the coach the Eagles need faster younger stronger players with a hunger and desire to win not be front runners in the start and bye bye in the prelim .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:08 am

What about Trent Mills. Had a great record at Goodwood Saints and has been an assistant to Josh Carr this year. Some people claim that North's meteoric rise is due in large extent to him. I am not close enough to the club to know.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Thiele wrote:Aren't the crows looking for an sanfl coach
No, Heath Younie is having his second stint as the State League coach.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-09-26/coaches-finalised-for-2019
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Thiele wrote:Aren't the crows looking for an sanfl coach
No, Heath Younie is having his second stint as the State League coach.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-09-26/coaches-finalised-for-2019
Ok thanks
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:18 pm

So do I, at present a finals appearance would be a nice change. But bags of finals victories count for little unless they can be converted into premierships.
The Bays got the same labels in the 1970's and 80's. I would swap a lot of finals appearances for a couple more flags.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:35 pm

UncleHuey wrote:

So do I, at present a finals appearance would be a nice change. But bags of finals victories count for little unless they can be converted into premierships.
The Bays got the same labels in the 1970's and 80's. I would swap a lot of finals appearances for a couple more flags.

Didn't realise that was my post UncleHuey lol your spot on .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 am

I just rechecked the advert the Eagles posted online about looking for a coach in AFLVIC you could be correct . It lists things in your post well written and great thinking .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:01 pm

McMahon or N. Grima for the Blues?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Gonz Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Scrunch wrote:McMahon or N. Grima for the Blues?

I did hear McMahon was very interested in the job........
Super Gonz
Super Gonz

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Was the coach of the year in the Essendon and District Football League this year - the same league that Luke Jarrad this year was runner up in the B&F and was also named in that team of the year.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next