blacky
mickyj
Scrunch
Brucetiki
Thiele
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State match  S.A  V W.A  at the Adelaide Oval Empty State match S.A V W.A at the Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 pm

well i thought i had no chance of going & then noticed this on the SANFL site

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/sanfl/sanfl/products/products?productcategoryid=2&productsubcategoryid=788

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/sanfl/sanfl/products/productdetails?productid=10209&isrenewal=False&renewalTransactionId=0

i got excited that i could go & then read it is $35.00 to go, NO THANKYOU

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

State match  S.A  V W.A  at the Adelaide Oval Empty Re: State match S.A V W.A at the Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 07, 2018 8:18 pm

i just realized they don't take cash at the stadium either, so it is a big NO THANK YOU
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

State match  S.A  V W.A  at the Adelaide Oval Empty Re: State match S.A V W.A at the Adelaide Oval

Post by Thiele Mon May 07, 2018 8:41 pm

I rather spend money at a local club then spend money at Adelaide Oval. Although I did enter a comp for showdown tickets and said that maybe the only way to see the State game. Which would get me in the fiveeaa area at Adelaide Oval
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon May 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Free to watch (check SANFL site for link to watch)

Also broadcast on 1079 Life from 12 noon.
107.9 FM in Adelaide or [url=1079life.com/listen]1079life.com/listen[/url]
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue May 08, 2018 8:16 am

Will this game be on Channel 7 or digital pass?
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Free stream ... check SANFL site for link.

PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue May 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks Phil. I check my Fox channel guide and it showed TBA for Saturday pm.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue May 08, 2018 5:33 pm

bayman wrote:i just realized they don't take cash at the stadium either, so it is a big NO THANK YOU

You can load cash onto a cash card, which you can use to purchase food and drink at the ground. Any unused cash is then easily refunded once you’re finished with the card.

Cash card points are located at various parts of the ground.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
bayman wrote:i just realized they don't take cash at the stadium either, so it is a big NO THANK YOU

You can load cash onto a cash card, which you can use to purchase food and drink at the ground. Any unused cash is then easily refunded once you’re finished with the card.

Cash card points are located at various parts of the ground.

Not interested in having to go to 3 stops for a thing that should take one, as soon as it was $35.00 I lost interest, I’m sorry I would only go for the state match & $35.00 is way over the top, as I have no interest in the Victorian competition that happens to have 2 franchises based in Adelaide
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 pm

So this is correct if I attend ?

Cash cards
I have to go to an outlet to load up a cash card
I then have have to go to an outlet to buy food/drinks
If I have money left over , I then go to another outlet to get refunded

Its even more than 3 trips to outlets if I run out of money on the first card purchased
If I need to repeat the exercise , and it potentially becomes 6 trips

The alternative is take your own food and drinks
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue May 08, 2018 9:49 pm

This cash card should not be an issue. In 2018 how many people do not have a credit card. Probably the bigger issues are as I see them are
1. The SANFL option does not appear to offer concession or children. It is probably just as easy to go to Ticketek who have these available.
2. The tickets are GA so you will either be in standing areas or in the nosebleed areas in the stand.
3. The good is because the game is on at 1pm you will get a better vantage position and a chance to watch the AFL. Makes for a long day.
4. Not sure when the footy express bus start.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 08, 2018 10:06 pm

goddy11 wrote:This cash card should not be an issue. In 2018 how many people do not have a credit card. Probably the bigger issues are as I see them are
1. The SANFL option does not appear to offer concession or children. It is probably just as easy to go to Ticketek who have these available.
2. The tickets are GA so you will either be in standing areas or in the nosebleed areas in the stand.
3. The good is because the game is on at 1pm you will get a better vantage position and a chance to watch the AFL. Makes for a long day.

i haven't got a credit card & i don't want or need one, however as i understand what Brucetiki told us back during the cricket season, you can use cash & change to a ''Adelaide Stadium Card'' & get reimbursed with what you don't spend, i just think it is a waste of peoples time having to line up a minimum of 3 times when one would have sufficed

as for no1...surely it would be an AFL decision & nothing to do with the SANFL
as for no2...exactly forget the roofclimb, you'd be doing more going up & down to the different booths needed
as for no3...not if you are a Saturday morning worker or have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in the VICTORIAN BASED COMP
as for no4...i don't know either
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 08, 2018 11:31 pm

What denominations are these Adelaide Oval cash cards ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed May 09, 2018 9:22 am

Scrappy wrote:What denominations are these Adelaide Oval cash cards ?

Now I won't be going not looking to have an argument.
Surely they'd accept a debit card unlike a credit card you can only spend what's in your
Account . Unlike a credit card either little to no interest chsrged.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed May 09, 2018 12:22 pm

mickyj wrote:

Surely they'd accept a debit card unlike a credit card you can only spend what's in your

All cards are accepted - EFTPOS cards, debit cards, credit cards.

For the fancy types out there, they don’t even charge extra for AMEX.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed May 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
mickyj wrote:

All cards are accepted - EFTPOS cards, debit cards, credit cards.

For the fancy types out there, they don’t even charge extra for AMEX.

Lol all good
Me being Micky I talk to lots of people lady who runs the cafeteria at school its easier with out cash
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu May 10, 2018 10:46 am

bayman wrote:
goddy11 wrote:This cash card should not be an issue. In 2018 how many people do not have a credit card. Probably the bigger issues are as I see them are

i haven't got a credit card & i don't want or need one, however as i understand what Brucetiki told us back during the cricket season, you can use cash & change to a ''Adelaide Stadium Card'' & get reimbursed  with what you don't spend, i just think it is a waste of peoples time having to line up a minimum of 3 times when one would have sufficed

as for no2...exactly forget the roofclimb, you'd be doing more going up & down to the different booths needed
as for no3...not if you are a Saturday morning worker  or have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in the VICTORIAN BASED COMP

I sympathise with you Bayman as I too was happy with the way things ran in the "good old days" but practices like these at Adelaide Oval are just going to become more commonplace with time. There's probably tender methods we'd never foresee in the times ahead. Anyway, that's a bit off-topic. Usually Im anti-anything SANFL being involved prior to an AFL game, but given the dwindling interest in State footy I actually think this option is worth a try, as inconvenient as it might be to the SANFL diehards.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Scrunch wrote:
bayman wrote:

i haven't got a credit card & i don't want or need one, however as i understand what Brucetiki told us back during the cricket season, you can use cash & change to a ''Adelaide Stadium Card'' & get reimbursed  with what you don't spend, i just think it is a waste of peoples time having to line up a minimum of 3 times when one would have sufficed

as for no3...not if you are a Saturday morning worker  or have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in the VICTORIAN BASED COMP

I sympathise with you Bayman as I too was happy with the way things ran in the "good old days" but practices like these at Adelaide Oval are just going to become more commonplace with time. There's probably tender methods we'd never foresee in the times ahead. Anyway, that's a bit off-topic. Usually Im anti-anything SANFL being involved prior to an AFL game, but given the dwindling interest in State footy I actually think this option is worth a try, as inconvenient as it might be to the SANFL diehards.

Scrunch don't fall over I agree with you .
All those years I worked my last job may never work again . But it goes with the cashless society and cards at Adelaide oval . Company ended paper pay packets they were emailed and no more paper group certificates . Company wanted to save money by not wasting paper didnt work if you didn't have the net I watched so many co workers every week print pay packets . Company saved on postage .
Using credit cards debit cards ect we can't do much about it .
Credit cards cut mine up paid it off .
Debit cards are the better option you spend your money no money in account you can't spend it low interest charges and you can earn interest on money not spent .
Credit cards are bad
Debit cards arent the same
We old blokes could stand around complaining or we can look into it do whats good for us.

The state game before the afl showdown is out of my price range however for those with Facebook SANFL was giving away free tickets.
Even Mickyj can't moan about everything
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm

So has the team been announced yet
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 am

WEST END STATE TEAM

F: Jake Johansen, Josh Scott, Alex Barns
HF: Robbie Young, Jack Hayes, Justin Hoskin
C: Marlon Motlop, Zane Kirkwood, Jarred Allmond
HB: Cameron Shenton, Luke Thompson, Jack Stephens
B: Matt Rose, Fraser Evans, Tom Keough

R: Darcy Fort, Mitch Grigg, Matt Panos
INT: Kaine Stevens, Travis Schiller, Josh Hone, Aidan Riley, Sam Colquhoun, Jonathon Beech, Luke Surman
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 am

Western Australian team

F: Gerald Ugle, Brad Stevenson, Rhys Waters
HF: Rhys Palmer, Tony Notte, Sharrod Wellingham
C: Aaron Black, Jye Bolton, Kane Mitchell
HB: Andrew Strijk, Jonathon Marsh, Chris Phelan
B: Luke Meadows, Angus Litherland, Aaron Heal

R: Corey Gault, Kyal Horsley, Shane Nelson
INT: Lachlan Delahunty, George Hampson, Brock Higgins, Blaine Johnson, Leigh Kitchin, Cody Leggett, Ben Sokol
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am

Corrected

State match  S.A  V W.A  at the Adelaide Oval State11

Last edited by PhilH on Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri May 11, 2018 10:42 am

I think that should be 'Haydn' Bunton.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri May 11, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm curious to hear posters views on the selection of players from their teams, because the three Westies boys have, in my view, been picked on reputation rather than form. Keough is probably fair enough because he's been good in patches over the 5 games but Stevens has only played 3 games and probably only had one really good one, and Beech has only played 2 and has been pretty quiet.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:I'm curious to hear posters views on the selection of players from their teams, because the three Westies boys have, in my view, been picked on reputation rather than form. Keough is probably fair enough because he's been good in patches over the 5 games but Stevens has only played 3 games and probably only had one really good one, and Beech has only played 2 and has been pretty quiet.

On form from a North Adelaide perspective Callum Wilkie and Aidan Tropeano both should have been certainties. The selectors probably don't even know who they are.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next