R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide Empty R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:22 am

Port take on Richmond in a blockbuster Friday night clash (okay, maybe not blockbuster but should be a good game).

Adelaide take on Melbourne @ the MCG on Sunday arvo 12 months to the day since their previous coach died in tragic circumstances.

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide Empty Re: R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:04 pm

In the past I would've said this was a danger game for Adelaide, but this year I don't think so. They seem to be far more motivated this year, without a hint of the complacency that has crept in in the past when they've started to get a bit of a roll on.

The circumstances of it being 12 months since Walsh's death could play a part in the game - but I don't think it will.

I think Adelaide will go across and win comfortably. I don't think it will be a huge touch up or anything, but I expect the final margin to be somewhere between 40 - 60 points.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide Empty Re: R15 - Port v Richmond & Melbourne v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Very impressed with how the AFC has dealt with the anniversary of Phil Walsh's death this week. Low key and extremely respectful of Phil's wife and her wishes.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:08 pm

well we're going to Fridays match as guests in 'the locker room' i wasn't that keen initially but now am looking forward to the freebies Very Happy & seeing my first afl match in about 7 or 8 years

ps, no way known i'm wearing the Port lanyard around my neck, it'll be in the pocket
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 am

bayman wrote:well we're going to Fridays match as guests in 'the locker room' i wasn't that keen initially but now am looking forward to the freebies  Very Happy & seeing my first afl match in about 7 or 8 years

ps, no way known i'm wearing the Port lanyard around my neck, it'll be in the pocket

Enjoy bayman!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Very impressed with how the AFC has dealt with the anniversary of Phil Walsh's death this week. Low key and extremely respectful of Phil's wife and her wishes.

Have to agree. I think most fans will probably remember the anniversary in their own, respectful ways, and it's good to see the club keep the anniversary low key. Not only is it respectful to Meredith, but it also prevents the anniversary to be a distraction off field, which could affect the on field performance.

Having said that, I reckon the anniversary will give the players a little extra motivation to play well and deliver a good win on Sunday.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Yep, I'm pretty confident of a solid win on Sunday.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

There's been a lot of talk about Port needing to not talk and getting it done. I think they will. Hope the faithful come out for what may be a cold night and cheer the Power to a win.
Jacobs will have his hands full with Gawn but I think the Crows will win big this week - assuming they have learnt it goes between the two big sticks and not either side.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:Very impressed with how the AFC has dealt with the anniversary of Phil Walsh's death this week. Low key and extremely respectful of Phil's wife and her wishes.

Have to agree.  I think most fans will probably remember the anniversary in their own, respectful ways, and it's good to see the club keep the anniversary low key.  Not only is it respectful to Meredith, but it also prevents the anniversary to be a distraction off field, which could affect the on field performance.

Having said that, I reckon the anniversary will give the players a little extra motivation to play well and deliver a good win on Sunday.

The media reporting of it has been a bit off though I reckon, particularly the Advertiser. The article earlier in the week about the Walsh house being for sale in particular was disgraceful. There was no need to draw attention to that.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:33 pm

I'd much rather get my Crows news from Gingernuts than the Advertiser...........(not that I'm much of a Crows fan!!) Very Happy
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:45 am

Solid win by the boys yesterday.

Full credit to Melbourne, they played bloody well.

Very happy that Adelaide were able to whether the storm, not play their best footy but still stick to their plans and structures and grind out a win.

Next!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:14 pm

As you know i went last Friday night, the ''Locker Room'' experience was first class on all levels, food, drinks, people happy to help with anything you asked for, watching the warm up in the rooms isn't much difference to what i have seen at the bay a few times when i've been lucky enough to be invited in, although the room was a lot bigger than we have or indeed probably the whole SANFL, at one stage it was ''secret squirrel'' stuff when 'the blinds' came down to block the view for maybe 3 minutes but other than that you could see anything & everything, if you a lucky enough like i was it is well worth it...................as for the game, Richmond looked good in the first term but when Port lifted their intensity it was game over, from quarter time Richmond to me look like a team that wouldn't take the game on & went sideways, they even did it with 10 minutes to go, i don't understand when you've got two big blokes that can mark & kick goals you go sideways & play into the oppositions hands
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down