are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ?

4 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ? Empty are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ?

Post by bayman Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 am

personally i say yes
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ? Empty Re: are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ?

Post by mickyj Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 am

bayman wrote:personally i say yes
Yep I agree 
Geelong love him the vic centric commentators love him 
20 or 30 touches how many does he cough up for Geelong 

Seems other crows players have had to stand up bond better
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ? Empty Re: are Adelaide a better TEAM without P. Dangerfield ?

Post by William Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:30 am

The ladder would suggest so?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 am

When you first posted this one a couple of weeks ago bayman I thought it was a bit of a silly question - I mean, of course Adelaide would a be better side with a player the calibre of Dangerfield in the midfield.

BUT

I tuned into the Geelong v Sydney game and it got me thinking. It was the first full game that I've watched Dangerfield ply his trade for the opposition and it was interesting.

He is an absolute wrecking ball, no doubt - but I wonder whether he goes so hard at the footy that he can often destroy his own teams structures as well as the oppositions.

By that I mean he goes in for everything, when on many occasions he has a team mate handling the contest quite well and it would be better for him to wait on the outside rather than commit another number to the scrum.

Also, a lot of the time he extracts the ball from the contest convincingly, but then just slaps it on the boot and hoping that luck will carry it to the hands of a team mate.

Would I have him back? In a heart beat of course - but I'm definitely starting to think that maybe we are operating more effectively as a team without him at the moment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Gingernuts,
i emphasized the word ''TEAM'' in my question & granted i don't watch much AFL but watching Adelaide 2 or 3 times i think there is a more even spread of the players working hard & for each other rather than relying on the ''name player'' in this case Patrick Dangerfield to do the bulk of the work..................

wouldn't an Adelaide v Geelong Grand final be enticing ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:39 am

bayman wrote:Gingernuts,
               i emphasized the word ''TEAM'' in my question & granted i don't watch much AFL but watching Adelaide 2 or 3 times i think there is a more even spread of the players working hard & for each other rather than relying on the ''name player'' in this case Patrick Dangerfield to do the bulk of the work..................

wouldn't an Adelaide v Geelong Grand final be enticing ?

I do watch Crows games and noticed the increase in players getting the ball basically .
Ive also seen Dangerfield's odd Geelong games still coughs the ball up a great deal . But the media love him even more when you hear them going on about him .
I think football media are shocked how well Adelaide media has done with out Dangerfield and how well the team is playing.

Media seems to have moved onto Jenkins being a bully or something in the under 50 metre circle
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum