William
Ben W
12 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port Empty R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:19 pm

A couple of interesting matchups for both the local teams this week.

Both will be tested against the teams from Sydney.

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port Empty Re: R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Brad Crouch has been ruled out for a couple more weeks.

Disappointing as he has a lot of talent - but fair to say Lyons came in for him on Saturday and had more of an impact than he had over the first two games.

Seedsman also coped a slight concussion late in the game and is being monitored. Hopefully he gets up.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port Empty Re: R4 - Adelaide v Sydney & GWS v Port

Post by bayman Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:26 am

Adelaide, too quick for Sydney, they'll win by 17 points & i think GWS will win a nailbiter by a solitary point
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Sydney vs Adelaide could well be the match of the round, both clubs have seen some good signs from their younger players that are stepping up. Sydney in a close one for mine, the Swans by 8pts.

With GWS vs Port Adelaide I am not convinced that GWS can take the Power on despite the injuries that Port have. I think Port will do enough this weekend to win, Port by 18pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:22 am

Match of the round - The Crowbots no more, off the leash, running, creating, insert another superlative in the mildly repulsive Adelaide media reports here. A win over the Tigers and it’s all looking up for Adelaide, with some good reason too. With another Battle-of-the-Bridge win (do they get a miniature bridge to keep?) the Swans make it 3 zip and look to be setting up for another tilt at a flag.

It’s all about run and carry here, all about the men in the much questioned back half giving the Crows reason to, well, Crow. Smith, Seedsman, Laird, Brown all working off Talia and Lever and creating run..blah, blah, blah. A couple of kids are making big impressions, Lever we’ve spoken about, Milera isn’t getting huge numbers just yet but when he does get it he uses it with class, looks like a cool customer at this level. For you folks who have given up on society and friends and do Supercoach instead, have you got him in your side? Jacobs has been circumspect in his performances this year, not overly dominant in any of the three games he’s played this year. Just a little down on input, he’ll need a lift against the Tippett/Sinclair duo this weekend. Highest scoring team in the comp to date without the ruckman dominating.

With just 12 points less this season and the third highest scoring team to date the Swans come to Adelaide with King Kurt for the first time and in top form. Parker has topped up the already dominant midfield, Tippett has most certainly made himself at home leading the ruck division and drifting forward, plenty of people questioned his worth over time, he’s proving to be worth every bit of it at the moment. Bud is sneaking a lazy 4 here and there and Jake Lloyd just adds another forward option. Like they need one.
The deepest midfield in the competition with strong bodies in close. A real test for Adelaide's midfield.

Couple of stats to look at – Adelaide haven’t scored over 100 points against Sydney in the last 10 match ups. Sydney have won the last 4 by 52,63,77 and 29 since Adelaide last beat them in 2012 by 5 points. Adelaide’s bogey side. I think it will stay that way with Sydney victors by 24 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:23 am

Building a nice little resume are the Giants this year, the loss to Melbourne early they will rue, win over Geelong and then made the Swans earn it so take away round 1 and they’re a side on the most certain up curve. One the not so up curve is Port, 2 wins and a big loss and plenty of question marks over the top 4 touted Port side that needs to keep building towards their best form.

The Giants have got some belief in each other for the first time in their short history and guys like Shaw,Scully and Davis do much of the heavy lifting after being targeted by the recruiting team to lead the kids around the park. Scully especially is relishing in the new interchange rotation cap by run, run, running all day long. He’s a machine who is running more than one opponent into the ground most weeks. Big Patton is on the park, for how long who knows, for the Giants let’s hope it’s long term. Joel Patfull after a stint on Port’s rookie list and time in Brisbane notches up 200 AFL games this weekend. Good effort from the Norwood lad.

Port did as it had to against the Bombers last week with a 10 goal win and it didn’t really do much to make the Port faithful breathe easy as it was less than convincing, but a wins a wins a win so you take them. Leading the way again was Robbie Gray, the leading contested possession winner in the competition ( 58 ) ahead of Priddis, Parker and Fyfe in that category. He’s clearly as fit as he has ever been, his lateral movement, strength through the hips in tackles and ability to hit the scoreboard rightly has him being compared to the best in the league. But he can’t do it alone. The likely hood of Hartlett and Wingard returning adds to Ports midfield and forward strength.

Mumford will have a big say in this one as he should be too strong for Lobbe in the ruck and around the ground, GWS however are struggling averaging just 78 ppg to Ports 110. My heart says Port, my head says GWS in a close one. Port have won the last 4 between these two sides....I think GWS might have too much run and carry from Mumfords ruck dominance. GWS by 12 points.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 am

Thinking the Crows forward line may trouble Sydney a bit, then again could also say the same for Sydney's forward line. Kurt Tippett back in Adelaide should be interesting?
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Very hard to predict how the Adelaide v Sydney game will pan out.

Adelaide are playing a brand of footy that will see them make finals this year, I'm certain of that now. It will be good enough to beat most of the sides their competing with for a top 8 spot.

Whether it's enough to take it to a top 4 outfit is another question, and Sydney are shaping up as that again this year.

It will be a fantastic test for Adelaide and I am super excited about getting along to AO to see this contest on Saturday night.

Ultimately though, until the boys prove they can match it with a seasoned outfit like the Swans, I can't back them with confidence. So at this point in time I'll side with Booney and say that Sydney's midfield will ultimately prove too strong and Adelaide will lose by 3 or 4 goals.

I do think Adelaide are in with a healthy chance though if they can produce their best footy and continue the sort of movement and disposal efficiency that they've shown over the last couple of weeks.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Very hard to predict how the Adelaide v Sydney game will pan out.

Adelaide are playing a brand of footy that will see them make finals this year, I'm certain of that now. It will be good enough to beat most of the sides their competing with for a top 8 spot.

Whether it's enough to take it to a top 4 outfit is another question, and Sydney are shaping up as that again this year.

It will be a fantastic test for Adelaide and I am super excited about getting along to AO to see this contest on Saturday night.

Ultimately though, until the boys prove they can match it with a seasoned outfit like the Swans, I can't back them with confidence. So at this point in time I'll side with Booney and say that Sydney's midfield will ultimately prove too strong and Adelaide will lose by 3 or 4 goals.

I do think Adelaide are in with a healthy chance though if they can produce their best footy and continue the sort of movement and disposal efficiency that they've shown over the last couple of weeks.

Lucky there's a little bit of space left in the memory bank. Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:45 pm

You genuinely think there's a chance they'll still miss Booney?

I mean I know it's still only round 3 so anything could happen - but so far they have well balanced, disciplined, and have great depth. Those 3 attributes alone will see them get enough wins to make the 8.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 pm

I think you will, yes, I can see you with as many as 15 or 16 wins, but it is only round 3, I think you still rely a hell of a lot on Jacobs and teams will soon work you out.

I think you'll pay finals, I'm not certain of it though. Wink
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:19 pm

We do have some okay backups for Sauce now IMO. O'Brien and Lowden are good enough to come in and play their role now. Of course they're not going to produce Jacobs' output, but I do think they're good enough to rep solidly enough in the ruck. Not something I would've said even last year.

Speaking of ruckmen, one thing I haven't addressed which is a very important aspect of this game - will I boo Tippett?

Laughing

Had this been 2013 I would've been all over him like a fat kid on a cupcake - but 4 years have gone by and it's a different time and place now. TBH I couldn't give a shite about him anymore. I might throw out a couple of half hearted ones, but I'm more interested in seeing what the boys currently in the jumper can do.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:32 pm

You will and you know it. Laughing
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:38 pm

A cuttla pints before the bounce might loosen me up a bit. Laughing
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:38 pm

Port will beat GWS by a lot

Adelaide v Sydney - buggered if I know tbh.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:56 am

Interesting Adelaide are the slight favourites with the bookies - $1.85 v $1.95

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:22 am

Paul wrote:Port will beat GWS by a lot

Adelaide v Sydney - buggered if I know tbh.

Laughing

I'm in this boat too. So many scenarios that could play out.

I'm worried about a loss coming up, but I was worried about the last two and Adelaide have fronted up and destroyed their opponents on both occasions. Who knows what could happen.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:33 am

Brucetiki wrote:Interesting Adelaide are the slight favourites with the bookies - $1.85 v $1.95

Home town fans on the home town team in a game that's pretty well 50/50 is all.

If Sydney get over $2.00, I'm all in.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:45 am

[quote="Booney"]
Brucetiki wrote:Interesting Adelaide are the slight favourites with the bookies - $1.85 v $1.95

Home town fans on the home town team in a game that's pretty well 50/50 is all.

If Sydney get over $2.00, I'm all in. [/quot

That's an interesting statement id say you right
Not sure about certain teams playing other teams from their own city
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Sydney $1.88
Adelaide $1.95
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Booney wrote:Sydney $1.88
Adelaide $1.95

What happens Booney if Adelaides over 2 bucks
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 pm

mickyj wrote:
Adelaide $1.95

Then the money is about right. Wink
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Booney wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Adelaide $1.95

Then the money is about right. Wink

Don't worry about me Booney I'm shocking on footy betting
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Adelaide $1.95

footytips.com.au effectively have these reversed ($1.87 for Adelaide, $1.95 for Sydney)

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Great game. Great win by Adelaide.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next